Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael7k

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
In the office I have my PowerMac and a Dell coming off the WRT54G router. I use the Dell very little on the Net. However I have noticed the Dell is so much faster on the Internet than my Mac. I use Safari on my Mac and on the Dell it’s Explorer Is there a web site that could offer advice or tips on configuring the Mac to gain a little speed? The at&t dsl is just so slow.
I use dslreports for speed tests.

Thank you for any guidance tips or suggestions!

Michael

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Michael7k said:
In the office I have my PowerMac and a Dell coming off the WRT54G router. I use the Dell very little on the Net. However I have noticed the Dell is so much faster on the Internet than my Mac. I use Safari on my Mac and on the Dell it’s Explorer Is there a web site that could offer advice or tips on configuring the Mac to gain a little speed? The at&t dsl is just so slow.
I use dslreports for speed tests.

Thank you for any guidance tips or suggestions!

Michael
im actually in a similar boat.. i have a thinkpad and mbp, both machine receive slower connection speed when connected via router (netgear something 624 i think) but they are fine by themselves without the router... dont know what to do...

Michael7k

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
Thank you for you input. Hope your able to tweak yours.
Thanks
Michael

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Try the DNS setting tweak that is often recommended around here. Plug in these values for DNS servers:

See if that helps :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.