Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
What a real Turkey MobileMe turned out to be.

Certainly the biggest black eye for Apple since I became
an owner of their product.

C'mon, Apple, get this software fixed!

aloofman

macrumors 68020
Dec 17, 2002
Socal
Surprisingly, mine has been pushing email to me pretty reliably the last several days, which it never did before. Crossing my fingers that it's a permanent thing.

:rolleyes:

MrMax

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2008
Success!

Hello again,

I have just upgraded to a 3G iPhone from the original and I rapidly found that nothing would push to my phone.

The fix that now has my phone working reliably is to go to Settings>Fetch New Data>Push>Off. Then turn the phone off.

Now turn the phone on, and go to Settings>Fetch New Data>Push>On. Then turn the phone off, and then on again.

Please let me know if this helps.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
My data is not pushing properly either. When I change things on my imac, I have to manually click the sync option before any data appears on my iphone or server. I'm glad I'm only doing the trial because this service doesn't seem worth paying for.

MobileMe doesn't push from your desktop to the cloud...you have to sync manually. It only pushes from the cloud to your iPhone, and to mail on the desktop.

mailerdaemon

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
Hello again,

I have just upgraded to a 3G iPhone from the original and I rapidly found that nothing would push to my phone.

The fix that now has my phone working reliably is to go to Settings>Fetch New Data>Push>Off. Then turn the phone off.

Now turn the phone on, and go to Settings>Fetch New Data>Push>On. Then turn the phone off, and then on again.

Please let me know if this helps.

Push to my iPhone usually 'breaks' about once a week. I usually do what you posted above to get it working again. Sometimes I have to do it twice - sometimes I have to 'reset' the phone (hold both buttons down) as well.

I would assume that as I'm playing with my iPhone to get it working again, it's an iPhone issue, not a Me issue??

Unfortunately, today (when Push to my iPhone stopped working again) is the first time that when doing this process I still can't get mail to push to my iPhone. I upgraded to 2.1 a couple of weeks ago, and Push has been working fine until today.

Not happy Jan!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.