Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ISignedUpToAskThis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2022
I was a die hard 'mini' fan, always hated larger form factor phones due to the size/weight/awkwardness.

But with the mini being discontinued, I tried the 15 Pro instead...

...and was surprised just how light the new Pro was. After using a 15 Pro for the past month, I'm even starting to think it's a little small! Using it is fine, the weight is not bad even with a case. It's a great phone and a nice size, wondering why it's taken me all this time to go for a larger device.

Anyway....after a month I'm seriously considering switching to a Pro Max instead for the bigger screen, now that the weight has made a big difference.

Anyone else gone from a 12/13 mini to a 15 Pro Max? Did you regret it? How are you finding it in comparison to the mini, but also the normal 15 Pro if you've tried that?

Reactions: ibookemo

wallaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Iowa
I was a die hard 'mini' fan, always hated larger form factor phones due to the size/weight/awkwardness.

But with the mini being discontinued, I tried the 15 Pro instead...

...and was surprised just how light the new Pro was. After using a 15 Pro for the past month, I'm even starting to think it's a little small! Using it is fine, the weight is not bad even with a case. It's a great phone and a nice size, wondering why it's taken me all this time to go for a larger device.

Anyway....after a month I'm seriously considering switching to a Pro Max instead for the bigger screen, now that the weight has made a big difference.

Anyone else gone from a 12/13 mini to a 15 Pro Max? Did you regret it? How are you finding it in comparison to the mini, but also the normal 15 Pro if you've tried that?
I just received a 15 Pro after my 12 mini died. I found this thread because the 15 just feels too damn heavy. I’m thinking I made a mistake and should get a vanilla 15 instead. They’re a good 16g lighter (and $200 cheaper to boot)

That70sGAdawg

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2008
Athens, GA USA
Went from a 13 Mini last year to an 15 pro at launch. Used that 15 pro until last week when I switched to 15 pro max- enjoying the extra screen real estate, better sound, amazing battery. main reason I switched - Great 5X telephoto. Used (carefully) without a case , but with Apple care + !

Reactions: dms_91
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.