Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
atszyman said:
A trick to doing this if a situation ever happens like this again:

1) take half of the files and put them back
2) logout/logon
3) if problem is back try the other half
4) if the other half works fine you've now reduced your set by half in only 2 runs
5) if the other half doesn't work it's more than one file causing the issue
6) if it's more than one file keep reducing your subsets to quarters, eighths, sixteenths, etc...
7) repeat using the remaining smaller subsets as you eliminate candidates

If all goes well this takes the one by one approach down to much more manageable levels since if you only have one offending file on each run you eliminate half of your possible suspects.

Yeah... thanks. Maybe I'm a LITTLE lazy. But yeah I do have almost 200 files here. :p

It might help me if someone motivates me and encourages me... :D Did you happen to do this and find a fix? Do you know what the ofending plist file is? :eek:

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
Im on a iMac and im seeing blue as well, although im not sure if this thread is playing tricks with my brain,a dn im seeing things :). As a side note in my Color profiles it says "Generic RGB Profile" not "Color LCD", and when I try to click calibrate it says "Can not calibrate the display: The factory profile for the display could not be found." Thats not right is it? Im gonna try to DL the profile posted above and see what happens

EDIT: Interesting, I just put that profile in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles, and it doesn't show up in display preferences. This update seems to have done baaaddd things to ColorSync :(.

FIXED!: I went to /User/Library/Preferences, and deleted com.apple.ColorSyncCalibrator.plist, and com.apple.ColorSyncUtility.plist. restarted and it seems normal again. It added my original Profile "iMac" back to the list and it looks good. Strangly enough though it kept the "Generic RGB" profile which still has the blue tint. Also it didn't replace the 2 preference files I deleted. but hey it seems better now

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
todd2000 said:
Im on a iMac and im seeing blue as well, although im not sure if this thread is playing tricks with my brain,a dn im seeing things :). As a side note in my Color profiles it says "Generic RGB Profile" not "Color LCD", and when I try to click calibrate it says "Can not calibrate the display: The factory profile for the display could not be found." Thats not right is it? Im gonna try to DL the profile posted above and see what happens

EDIT: Interesting, I just put that profile in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles, and it doesn't show up in display preferences. This update seems to have done baaaddd things to ColorSync :(.

FIXED!: I went to /User/Library/Preferences, and deleted com.apple.ColorSyncCalibrator.plist, and com.apple.ColorSyncUtility.plist. restarted and it seems normal again. It added my original Profile "iMac" back to the list and it looks good. Strangly enough though it kept the "Generic RGB" profile which still has the blue tint. Also it didn't replace the 2 preference files I deleted. but hey it seems better now

I am baffled why this is working for osme people and not for others (or me for that matter, lol). I guess for now I am gonna use that alternate profile the person fromt he Apple boards uploaded, and wait for Apple to officially fix and acknowledge this issue.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
Apple really is putting out some shoddy software lately, the issues with iTunes 7 and now these problems with the 10.4.8 update.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
using the color profile attached above made my macbook looks back to its original color. but i think i already get used on the blueish color because now im seeing the original color looks redish and not good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.