Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wide

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2004
NYC
jbrown said:
if so HOW??????????

I don't live in the UK, but why don't you just put the Panther Install Disks into your computer's CD drive, run them, then set up your AirPort wireless base station, configure it to your needs so your computer can get the signal, then download and install AOL and set the connection to ISP/LAN?

You should elaborate on your problem if you want any detailed help.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Well.....

I simplified it in hope of a response - the time I've tried to get help on this issue before drew 0 replies!! Here is what I posted before:

" In the old days - aka Jagwire - when I connected to my Airport network, it signed on to the AOL number, started AOL and connected via TCP/IP, I was connected and could check my e-mails, and surf web pages -- but now ( on Panther ) - I can get as far as signing on and checking my mail, but cant get any web pages to launch - either in AOL or Safari ---- any thought people??? "

AOL help says its Apples problem, and you guessed it, Apple says its AOL's problem, leaving me with an expensive useless Airport set up -- any help much appreciated!!!
I'm on dial-up by the way

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
everyone get demon they are mac freindly cheap (£25 a month) and generally nice people aol are horrible and make you use there weird software with all this child safty crap that none really wants

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
Apparently the UK AOL software doesn't support airport. The US version does. I don't use AOL so I can't confirm this. Last months iCreate magazine mentioned it however and said that if you download the US version of the software but use the UK numbers it does work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.