Anyone remember the iPod Hi-Fi?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Tucom, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Tucom
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 65816

Tucom

I can imagine there are newcomers in the iPod scene and have probably never heard of the once, more or less, KING of iPod docks, made from Apple themselves: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1933837,00.asp

Kind sad Apple didn't update this or just discontinued it because the build and sound quality was pretty crazy.

Good times.

2. OllyW
    Expand Collapse

OllyW

Staff Member

It was one of the few Apple products that wasn't lighter and thinner than the rest. :D

3. kavika411
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I was pleasantly surprised to find that after the iOS 5 update to my iPhone, if I dock my iPhone in my iPod Hi-Fi and open "Settings," there is now a "iPod Hi-Fi" thumbnail. It gives you limited equalizer control. The iPhone still doesn't play very nice with the iPod Hi-Fi, but it's nice Apple hasn't completely forgotten about the Hi-Fi. Overpriced (in light of the competition, then and now), but a damn fine speaker.

4. mox358
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

mox358

I still kick myself for not picking one up when they were available. I planned to a couple of different times and just never did.

5. AxiomaticRubric
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

AxiomaticRubric

You can find a HiFi for a good price on eBay, especially if you don't mind a few scratches here and there.