Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Mine shipped today. Actually got matte for back AND front. Will let you know. BSE is always great, and not hard to install. You can move it around easily while wet.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
2XtsUcn.jpg

T45yp9j.jpg

LgitsF4.jpg

WzN4C5V.jpg

C4YtFSv.jpg

fsWi3dT.jpg

----------

It is a beautifully edge to edge screen protector with a closed home button cutout.

Xecgm8y.jpg

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
Only problem I have with this is it being a wet install. Seems very strange to me when having to install something with WATER on an ELECTRIC product haha. SCREAMS DAMAGE

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
what exactly do you mean when you say 'closed' home button cutout? expecting mine in a day or two. got matte for front and back. i'm and i'm assuming putting anything on the home button would screw up touch id (they used to include a little round piece for the home button). thanks.

jonxwilliams

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
Those pictures are nice, thank you.

Is the front protector still the soft/squishy material the back part is? I've always kept away from using the BSE fronts as I feel like the soft "dentable" (where you can indent it with a fingernail, but it goes away after a while) material would be unpleasant for the screen.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Only problem I have with this is it being a wet install. Seems very strange to me when having to install something with WATER on an ELECTRIC product haha. SCREAMS DAMAGE
I can definitely see the concern though with the bunch I have done for my previous iPhones and iPads I only came across one botched install on my part. I wasn't being careful when pushing the water out and some got into the charging port of my 3GS and triggered the liquid indicator. Didn't affect the phone at all and it was already out of warranty.

But at least with this BSE covering almost every inch of the back of the device I can totally see the concern with water dripping into the ports. Especially when you have to make your own solution and if you put too much on and its dripping everywhere.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
By closed cutout, I meant the home button cutout is a circle, and not a U shape. I talked to Michael, the man leading the operation, and he said they all stayed very late last night shipping everyone's orders. They're a three man operation, which makes it all that much more impressive.

Also, the pictures are of michael's phone; I haven't had time to install my skin yet.

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
By closed cutout, I meant the home button cutout is a circle, and not a U shape. I talked to Michael, the man leading the operation, and he said they all stayed very late last night shipping everyone's orders. They're a three man operation, which makes it all that much more impressive.

Also, the pictures are of michael's phone; I haven't had time to install my skin yet.

thanks!

catalyst6

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
Berlin
Wow, BSE comes through again. A perfect skin. Mine shipped yesterday. This is exactly what I wanted.

I agree, it will be a pain to install, but once you get it on it's completely worth it.

The challenge is avoiding dust and debris.

icebergx

macrumors regular
May 27, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
Looks really good.
Really glade they managed to come up with a solution to deal with the screen that curves down.
I hope a solution is as easy to apply as the 1Phone 5 and that we are able to replicate the quality of this application. It looks really, really good. Undoubtedly the best skin I've seen so far!

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Purchasing some right now!

----------

Is that the case optimized one? Do you have pictures of that one?

jcmeyer5

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2008
How does the BSE Matte option compare to conventional anti-glare screen protectors? I like the Matte option for obviously the anti-glare, but also they seem to provide less friction for gaming.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010

I can definitely see the concern though with the bunch I have done for my previous iPhones and iPads I only came across one botched install on my part. I wasn't being careful when pushing the water out and some got into the charging port of my 3GS and triggered the liquid indicator. Didn't affect the phone at all and it was already out of warranty.

But at least with this BSE covering almost every inch of the back of the device I can totally see the concern with water dripping into the ports. Especially when you have to make your own solution and if you put too much on and its dripping everywhere.

I like to use these when doing wet installs:
31HFaNkZh1L.jpg

----------

----------

[/COLOR]It is a beautifully edge to edge screen protector with a closed home button cutout.

Thanks for the photos! Glad there is finally something that offers full screen protection..but now that means I have to go back to wet install. After using tempered glass, I'll have to get used to the tacky feeling again.

bobkeenan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
Wow... That is the best fit of any so far. I ordered mine on Saturday.... Hopefully. I get ton this week?

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
As the pictures are of Michael's phone and not my phone, he installed the skin. He's been doing this for something like 10 years, so of course he's going to have a perfect install on there. It also helps that if he screws up on his own install, he can just grab another skin out of his stock room for free

jcmeyer5

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2008
As the pictures are of Michael's phone and not my phone, he installed the skin. He's been doing this for something like 10 years, so of course he's going to have a perfect install on there. It also helps that if he screws up on his own install, he can just grab another skin out of his stock room for free

Cheater!

ajm222

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Do they provide liquid to install? If not what can be used?

they don't (or at least haven't in the past). you just use water with a drop of dishwashing soap usually. some people put it in a small spray bottle, others like me just use a large dish, fill it with water, put in a couple of drops of liquid dish soap, and stir. then dip the whole section you're working with in the solution and pull it out and let the excess drip off before applying. i am pretty sure they have videos on their site with tips and instructions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.