Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

L-Tuned

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
I don't let strangers touch my stuff. Period. I wouldn't mind to take it off and let a friend/family member to try on if they are interested.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
lol strangers? who the hell lets strangers touch anything more valuable then $100?

Reactions: ant69

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Anyone use the line "If I take it off, it will lock" becouse you dont want others to handle/fondle your watch?
Why would you ever need to? If someone asks to see it, you just turn your wrist toward them. That's all ;)

Not a single person has requested that I take mine off and let them see it.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Nah. In fact I even let one of the boys at my daughter's school wear mine for a few minutes because his dad was getting one and he expressed an interest in seeing what the watch could do and he was one of the more articulate and intelligent boys who could have expressed an interest in it. He didn't even ask to wear it, I offered.

I've got Apple Care on it and it's already survived weeks with me gardening and landscaping. The kid was clean and trustworthy and the son of a good friend. So...no biggie. Of course I've had it over a month now. I was a bit fussy with it the first couple of weeks.

The funny thing is one of the reasons I offered to let him wear it was the damned thing kept locking when I tried to let him simply hold it and demo it for him.

Honey Badger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2011
Anyone use the line "If I take it off, it will lock" becouse you dont want others to handle/fondle your watch?

Fondle??? What kind of people do you hang around with that like to fondle watches??? lol

Anyway, this reminds me of when I was the first at my company to own the iPhone back in 2007 and some creepy co-worker who I didn't really know picked up my iphone off my desk and said, "This is neat, would it be okay if I took it to lunch with me for a couple hours so I can play with it and see if I want to buy one for myself?"....I grabbed it out of his hands and was like NO! lol

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
Fondle??? What kind of people do you hang around with that like to fondle watches??? lol

Anyway, this reminds me of when I was the first at my company to own the iPhone back in 2007 and some creepy co-worker who I didn't really know picked up my iphone off my desk and said, "This is neat, would it be okay if I took it to lunch with me for a couple hours so I can play with it and see if I want to buy one for myself?"....I grabbed it out of his hands and was like NO! lol
Hahaha what... What a strange question to ask someone. Especially someone you don't know very well.

makotoisle

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2012
A few people have asked about it whilst it's on my wrist, but nobody has requested that I take it off and let them play with it. Seems like an odd request, tbh.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
True story: my friend went to a bar with his friends and got drunk. Apparently he took off his SS 42mm BSB off to let people check it out. When he woke up the next day he was without his watch. Less than a week old.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014

That coworker sounds like some weird SNL skit character.

Honey Badger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2011
That coworker sounds like some weird SNL skit character.
LOL, he was exactly like a character from SNL...alot of co-workers had odd stories about him...he was harmless though, sort of like the guy in Office Space with the red stapler.

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
I'm quite happy for my mates to try it on and have a play about. What sort of crazy strange would ask to try on your watch?! If they did I wouldn't feel the need to justify saying no.

Trin813

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Tampa
my boss dropped my iPhone 4 when it first came out years ago..no damage occurred during the fall but since then NONE of my electronics (watch included once arrived) will be leaving my hands for someone else's viewing pleasure.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
my boss dropped my iPhone 4 when it first came out years ago..no damage occurred during the fall but since then NONE of my electronics (watch included once arrived) will be leaving my hands for someone else's viewing pleasure.

A bit much, and if its someone you know. I have full confidence that they're going to pay for it.

If not, I don't let them touch it. (Unless its a close friend or family)

but man i woke up hung over and i forgot i placed my watch somewhere else

i flipped out. never taking off my watch on a night out drinking again.

Reactions: Trin813

Trin813

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Tampa
A bit much, and if its someone you know. I have full confidence that they're going to pay for it.

If not, I don't let them touch it. (Unless its a close friend or family)

Lol I think I was just reliving the moment of anguish when she dropped it...

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
True story: my friend went to a bar with his friends and got drunk. Apparently he took off his SS 42mm BSB off to let people check it out. When he woke up the next day he was without his watch. Less than a week old.

Wait a minute... :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.