Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnny_Gebrayel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2024
United Arab Emirates
Hello all,

Would appreciate some help from your experience, I searched but couldn't make a decision yet.

I own a MacBook Pro 16 inch 2019 laptop (16 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 processer).

I bought it brand new back in late 2021 and its running on the final version of Big Sur (11.7.1), it is flawless and not a single issue. Note that the laptop shipped installed with Big Sur from factory.

The thing is, I am forced to update its MacOS because I use it for DJing and one DJ software that I use for performing, no longer officially supports Big Sur. The software is still running and I am managing, but has 1 issue now that is slowing me down while performing.

So anyone has Monetary, Ventura or Sonoma installed on the same laptop? Is it flawless or any issues? I heard that Ventura and Sonoma don't work well with Intel processors. So I am worried.

I love my MacBook Pro for DJing but I thought it would be a long term investment and last long. I usually don't like to software update my Apple products because they always get slower, especially iPhones and I owned iPhones ever since 3Gs, along with iPads.

Any suggestions please? I don't have much experience with MacBooks and I cannot afford to make mistakes.

Reactions: Mity

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
So anyone has Monetary, Ventura or Sonoma installed on the same laptop? Is it flawless or any issues? I heard that Ventura and Sonoma don't work well with Intel processors. So I am worried.
I have this laptop and upgraded to the latest OS -- no issues. MacOS is still designed to run on Intel fine.

Miles Fu

macrumors member
May 30, 2020
I have the same config MBP as yours, running 14.4.1 with no issue.

1714341045993.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.