Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maketheone

Suspended
May 24, 2016
I have a Hello Kitty solicone Apple cover. It looks nice. But When I hold it for sometime, my hand is easy to sweat. Any way to handle it?
hello%20kitty%20solicone%206-500x554.jpg
hello%20kitty%20solicone%201-500x554.jpg

Cordoggie32

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2016
I do not like this year's apple leather case because it's damn slippery. I am sticking with last year's leather case which has nice grip.

I agree the leather for the iPhone 6 was much gripper, although the 6s model has much better lip and screen protection! I got a Cupert Cinder edge to edge protector and the older model would sit flush with the screen. Got the new marine blue and now I have lay on the table!

Reactions: danny8200

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
I use the Apple Black Leather case. Today I bought a red Apple Leather case (to match Arsenal red). Some reports say the colour leather ones change tone somewhat. I guess we'll see.

Denzydenz

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2016
USA
I have both the leather and the silicone ones for my 6 and I really enjoy them. The leather has a nice premium feel and the silicone adds a nice grip. Anyone else using the official Apple cases on their 6 or 6s ?
I used to use the leather one. Feels good only the two first months. After that it looked scratched and teared, I felt a bit bad about it because it's not a cheap case, so I switched to other options.

SBenn

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2015
Gloucestershire, UK
I used to use the leather one. Feels good only the two first months. After that it looked scratched and teared, I felt a bit bad about it because it's not a cheap case, so I switched to other options.

That's what's putting me off the Leather one. Thinking a silicone one is a better option for longevity. Right now I've got a Spigen Air Cushion. In the market for something different soon though.

How does everyone clean their handsets before switching cases?

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
That's what's putting me off the Leather one. Thinking a silicone one is a better option for longevity. Right now I've got a Spigen Air Cushion. In the market for something different soon though.

Just a soft cloth wipe down, for me...

mbar9607

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2016

which spigen case

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I really like the plain Staples brand black TPU case. It is very thin and fits the phone like a glove.

I know this thread is about the Apple cases. In my search for the perfect case, I tried the Apple leather in black and really liked it other than for me it was too fragile. Frayed at the edges from putting it on and off and any bit of water even after waterproofing would leave a puffed up mark. What I loved about it was the slim form so not to make the Plus any bulkier than need be.

I tried so many cases and my ultimate favorite has been an ultra thin clear case from Luvvitt. However, as much as I love the Luvitt, I have gone through many screen protectors as the Luvvitt has absolutely no lay down protection. So every time I have the slightest drop or even a good bump, the screen protector catches the brunt and shatters.

This Staples brand case has just a hair of lay down protection above my screen protector so hopefully I'll be able to keep the same screen protector longer. I love the Benks full screen protector as it is super thin, but alas it shatters easier than a thicker one.

Last edited:

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
At this point, with being so close to the iPhone 7 launch, why not go naked. At least for us on the upgrade program. I'll be upgrading to the bigger Plus model this time though.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I bought yesterday the Storm gray leather case, but first one came scuffed around the volume buttons, my current (second) one has a bit of discoloration on one of the edges. Is this normal for leather cases?
The leather cases are very delicate. I bought and exchanged a couple of black leather cases. I loved that the black leather was very slim on my Plus and didn't add any heft. However, if any tiny bit of water got on the leather, it puffed up and that was even after water proofing. Also, I found that it would fray around the volume buttons from removing and putting it back on.

I ended up finding a plain black TPU Staples brand case with 4 side protection and very thin like the black leather. It offers enough grip and holds up beautifully and I don't have to be super careful with it as I did the leather. It also had just a tad of lay down protection for my screen protector. I bought so many cases that I've lost track and who would think one of my top favorites would be a Staples case - go figure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.