Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
I've been on and off about the apple watch. I like it then find it to be too much of a hassle. I am starting to come around to the idea of a smart watch and the series two caught my eye, more so the Nike + bands.

Anyone pre-order or waiting for the Nike + version? It seems the band would be perfect since my active lifestyle would appreciate the breathing holes they put in. Plus it looks great.

Reactions: Jpwillis269

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
Yep..I'm on the list.

I have my Series 1 updated to 3.0, so really only missing speed and waterproofing. But yeah, waiting on Nike+ for the band. The regular sports band cause cause me to breakout so I constantly have to wash band and wipe arm down after heavy workouts.

thepro8

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2009
Yup on the list since day 1. I passed on the first Apple watch due to lack of GPS. I've debated going to get a SS instead, but think i'm waiting for the Nike one.

Currently i use a Garmin Fenix 3 HR for my gps watch and I have a garmin S6 Golf watch. The Fenix is nice, but too big for daily use at work and i think the AW with GPS will allow for some awesome apps like golf.

Reactions: racingbull

BC-2

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2012
I pre-ordered one yesterday. Prior to that, I didn't have much interest in the AW but I recently took up running and was in the market for a decent running watch. The AW2 Nike version seems like that and more (smart watch) so I'm going to give it a try.

racingbull

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2013
Same here... ordered first with black/neon band, cancelled the day after and ordered it with the black/gray band. :)

Skipped first generation as well. Water resistance and gps were on my wishlist so I really could not have been happier. :)

Will use it mostly for running: can't wait to get rid of the phone and cables (waiting for the airpods or jaybird as well). Plus of all the other nicities like calendar notifications, reminders, breathe, and VIP mail and messages.

What else could u want/expect/do from a watch? (No :apple:Pay for Italy still. :()

Reactions: thepro8

gppittjk

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I'm waiting on it and I'all buy it from Nike when it's available (lots of Nike gift cards courtesy of Discover rewards). I have the S0 but the GPS is big for me for running and golf.

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
Waiting here as well and pre-ordered it at Best Buy. Hoping their November release is not correct and releases earlier lol. Will be my first Apple Watch. Currently I have Fitbit Blaze and its pretty good and it was just updated as well with a new firmware which made it even better. I just want the Apple Watch since I am into the Apple ecosystem. If not I would just keep the Fitbit.

Ruja

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Yeah, I'm on the list from 10th of September. According to the Apple website, the estimated date is at the end of this month so... it's jus around the corner!!!

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I considered the nike but went Space Grey with Fabric...I'm not counting on the band being any better and from what I heard, the apps that are built in are also downloadable.

Long Run Nick

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2016
Florida Panhandle
As a serious long distance runner over the last 40 years(over 85,000 miles run), I have had more running watches than I could honestly count. I have been a Garmin guy since their first GPS watch- lovingly called "the brick" and currently run my 40-50 miles a week using the Garmin 235. Complete focus on serious running and data, best running watch I have used.
I just opted to buy AW2 aluminum with sport band. I like the Nike+ look but really wanted a fully functioning smart watch. With my lifestyle, steps and calories are not overly important to me. I think the motivational aspects of the AWN+ are great to help newbies and motivate folks to get fit and stay fit. Over the years I probably needed a watch to tell me to slow down and take more rest days.
I gave in to my immediate gratification of wants character defect and ordered my AW2 today through Best Buy. Will pick up on Friday. I hope the AWN+ works for you folks who are patient enough to wait. Remember one of Nike's promos "There is no finish line." Nick

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
I pre-ordered the Nike+ Apple Watch 2 the day after it was announced. I love running and have used the Nike+ app on my iPhone since 2009. I haven't owned an Apple watch yet, so it's hard to keep waiting for it to ship.

Edit: I ordered the Space Gray case with the black/cool gray sport band.

Last edited:

XFactorer

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Eugene
I considered the nike but went Space Grey with Fabric...I'm not counting on the band being any better and from what I heard, the apps that are built in are also downloadable.
I went to an Apple Store yesterday to try on the Nike version. The band IS better than the sport bands that Apple sells. They're a lot softer and more flexible. On the wrist, it really does feel the same and I can't perceive the difference betweeen a regular or Nike version. But when toying around with it and holding it, the difference is enough to make me think the wait is worth it.

Reactions: Night Spring

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I'm thinking about upgrading from my first gen Apple Watch, the Nike + Apple Watch looks really good, I run and I don't like having to take my phone at the moment.
I wonder if the Nike bands will be available to purchase separately? It would be nice to collect the different colours and swap them out rather than having to choose one colour and stick with that.

DerekZoolander

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2015
Day 1 preordered the Space Gray case with the black/cool gray sport band but really wish you could pick any of the Nike+ bands. What I really want is the flat silver/white band to go with the Space Gray case. Anyone thinking trading Nike bands with each other?

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
They will offer the Nike Bands just like you can get a Hermes band. I would guess they will be at a premium price though, $69-$99. It will be interesting to see what price they do offer them at.

thepro8

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2009
They will offer the Nike Bands just like you can get a Hermes band. I would guess they will be at a premium price though, $69-$99. It will be interesting to see what price they do offer them at.

I also thing they will counterfeit ones on Amazon pretty quickly. The chines manufacturing can turn this stuff in days..

XFactorer

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2007
Eugene
Actually, they won't be selling bands separately - go to Nike's news release.

http://news.nike.com/news/apple-watch-nike

"Nike Sport Bands are available exclusively with Apple Watch Nike+ models and not sold separately."

Enigma01au

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 23, 2015
Adelaide, South Australia
Well, I just spotted this on the Nike website...hopefully a good sign that things are happening!?
14500349_10208581714794307_2127670857553473860_o.jpg

Reactions: dmanthony1 and Ruja

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
I'm trying to figure out what's the actual difference between the Nike one and the regular aluminum S2, other than the bands and pre-installed watch faces.
Anybody can be more specific on these? Even the so called "tech journalists" are not providing much info on this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.