AOE3 Questions

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by marine610610, Apr 14, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

Mar 23, 2007
    Does anyone here play this on their Mac reguarly? If i was to get it and play online, would i be able to play people who are using the PC version?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Mar 6, 2006
  3. macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2006
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    Tho not sure, I would say no, you will not be able to play it with PC users. I'm only saying this due to my past experience with online Mac games and there is a large chance im wrong.
  4. macrumors 68020

Dec 9, 2004
    At the moment, no. Macsoft said they were doing a patch to enable Mac/PC networking, but it's been a while.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 23, 2007
    Any similiar games (not WOW) that will work for this? Im looking for something that is current.
  6. macrumors 65816

Dec 29, 2004
    The Wood of Spots, NJ
    Mac and PC Civilization 4 gamers can play against each other. One of the best games out there too, in my humble little opinion.
  7. thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 23, 2007
    I wish i saw this before i picked up AOE3. Isnt Civ a turn based game though? How well does that end up working out with a 4 on 4 or whatever? Do people get irritated with the waiting?
  8. macrumors 68020

Apr 29, 2006
    Woodland Hills
    I emailed Macsoft in January no my disappointing purchase once I found out my girlfriend who has a Dell and I who have a MBP could not play. There response to my question (when can I play her) was "I will pass your concern on to the higher ups. At the time there is no Mac/PC networking and there has not been any development. Thank you"