Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
I have an unlimited broadband connection at the moment but I may be needing to get a wireless mobile broadband account in a few months and I would like to know how much bandwidth I currently use per month. Activity monitor resets every time I restart so this is not going to work for me. Also there are other users connected right now so my modem only gives me the total amount that everyone uses. I've checked around and the only apps I have been able to locate either don't do what I want or are out of date or discontinued.

I just want to monitor my MacBook usage for a few months that will give me a cumulative result. Can someone recommend an app that does this?

thx

Yusay

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2015
I have an unlimited broadband connection at the moment but I may be needing to get a wireless mobile broadband account in a few months and I would like to know how much bandwidth I currently use per month. Activity monitor resets every time I restart so this is not going to work for me. Also there are other users connected right now so my modem only gives me the total amount that everyone uses. I've checked around and the only apps I have been able to locate either don't do what I want or are out of date or discontinued.

I just want to monitor my MacBook usage for a few months that will give me a cumulative result. Can someone recommend an app that does this?

thx
Bandwidth+ is a good app to monitor your monthly bandwidth usage.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 9, 2010
@Yusay, ok thanks I'll give it a go.

edit: yes, this super simple app is exactly what I required.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.