Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

verdi1987

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
After updating to iOS 9 Public Beta 2, apps that I purchase or update on my iPhone and iPad (both running iOS 9 Public Beta 2) are not syncing back into iTunes during a sync operation (either automatic or manual). Selecting File > Devices > Sync Purchases within iTunes does not transfer the apps, either.

OS X is version 10.11 Public Beta 2 (15A225f) with iTunes 12.2.1.16.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? This was not happening with the prior public betas.

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
After updating to iOS 9 Public Beta 2, apps that I purchase or update on my iPhone and iPad (both running iOS 9 Public Beta 2) are not syncing back into iTunes during a sync operation (either automatic or manual). Selecting File > Devices > Sync Purchases within iTunes does not transfer the apps, either.

Is anyone else experiencing this behavior? This was not happening with the prior public betas.

Mine are syncing just fine. E only issues I'm having is with continuity, but the release notes did say that there would be some issues there. I didn't see any thing in the release notes that could be causing that...hmm. Looking into it.

Suspended
Sep 22, 2007

Concur. Using File>Devices>Transfer Purchases doesn't work from iPad to iTunes 12.2.1.16

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011

This just happened to me, any solutions out there.

bizack

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
Happening to me, too, on public beta 3.

So it looks like as of iOS 9, a full backup doesn't copy the app binaries, but it does copy all of the passwords, settings (even if you're in an app with no sign in or an app that supports a signed out experience) etc. I just deleted the previous backup from my update to 8.4 to 9.0, and did a full backup. The backup size is about 3.5 GB. App content (cached/offline songs in Apple Music or Spotify) is not copied over however.

verdi1987

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
So it looks like as of iOS 9, a full backup doesn't copy the app binaries, but it does copy all of the passwords, settings (even if you're in an app with no sign in or an app that supports a signed out experience) etc. I just deleted the previous backup from my update to 8.4 to 9.0, and did a full backup. The backup size is about 3.5 GB. App content (cached/offline songs in Apple Music or Spotify) is not copied over however.
I don't think the iOS backups through iTunes ever backed up the app binaries themselves (or the caches). The apps sync back from the iTunes Media location if you restore the iPhone/iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.