Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firedogut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
I have a app on my phone that I never want to update. Anyway to turn off updates on that app so it does not show up in my update needed list?

They put adds in the new update and it makes the app junk.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I have a app on my phone that I never want to update. Anyway to turn off updates on that app so it does not show up in my update needed list?

They put adds in the new update and it makes the app junk.

You can delete it from your iPhone and from iTunes within the Application Section where it shows all of your Applications.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
You can delete it from your iPhone and from iTunes within the Application Section where it shows all of your Applications.

He wants to use the app but not the update, so that wouldn't be something he wants to do.

OP, there's no way to stop the updates. It's a pain, but Apple has not given us a way to hide an update.

aces99

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2014
Canada
Yes I wish Apple would give us the ability to hide/disable individual updates from showing up in the App Store update list. There is an app that I need to use once in awhile but I can't update it to the latest version because if I do I loose the one and only feature of the app that I use. I wish Apple would change that and give us the option to hide updates.

Aspergirl

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2013
Oregon
You can also go to the App Store settings and opt to have it update automatically, so you don't have to. Lol. This if you wish to keep the app, if not yeah just delete it off your device.

A!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.