Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
®îçhå®? said:

Yes, I too Applaud this creative endeavor. It may not be meticulously well crafted, but it is fun and offers a different aesthetic vision. I like the DIY attitude and the rough aspect of the final product. More graffiti hip than Photographic strict.

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
Platform said:
Yeah.....:eek:

When are we going to see the G5 mods :confused: :cool:

If its going to look like that....lets hope never.. :eek:

It is good to see some creativity coming through though...

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I've just been looking at some of the other stuff on that site.
I kept thinking one thing: WHY?

I mean, most of them look crap!
Take this for instance:
eirebuild21.jpg

And this!
backfinish2.jpg

Why would you want this sat on your desk?
The B&W G3 is one of the nicest looking things ever.

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
bartelby said:
I've just been looking at some of the other stuff on that site.
I kept thinking one thing: WHY?

I mean, most of them look crap!
Take this for instance:
<horrible PC-lookin' thing>

And this!
<Monsterous G3>
Why would you want this sat on your desk?
The B&W G3 is one of the nicest looking things ever.

Yeah, but there's always this to redeem them:
14.jpg

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
gnasher729 said:
Well, I am appauled [sic] with your spelling, especially as it ended up in the title of this thread. You should try the Dashboard Dictionary thingy, or turn the spelling checker on in Safari before your post.
What is [sic]? :confused:

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
someguy said:
What is [sic]? :confused:

From Wikipedia:
"This may be used either to show that an uncommon or archaic usage is reported faithfully (for instance, quoting the U.S. Constitution, "The House of Representatives shall chuse [sic] their Speaker...") or to highlight an error, often for the purpose of ridicule or irony (for instance, "Dan Quayle famously changed a student's spelling to 'potatoe' [sic]")."

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
livingfortoday said:
From Wikipedia:
"This may be used either to show that an uncommon or archaic usage is reported faithfully (for instance, quoting the U.S. Constitution, "The House of Representatives shall chuse [sic] their Speaker...") or to highlight an error, often for the purpose of ridicule or irony (for instance, "Dan Quayle famously changed a student's spelling to 'potatoe' [sic]")."
OK, I understand it's usage, but what does it mean? Where does it come from? Does it stand for something?

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
someguy said:
OK, I understand it's usage, but what does it mean? Where does it come from? Does it stand for something?

"Sic is a Latin word meaning "thus" or "so."

In folk etymology, "sic" is sometimes thought to be an abbreviation of "same in copy", "spelled incorrectly" or "said in context", to cite but a few erroneous backronyms."

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
livingfortoday said:
"Sic is a Latin word meaning "thus" or "so."

In folk etymology, "sic" is sometimes thought to be an abbreviation of "same in copy", "spelled incorrectly" or "said in context", to cite but a few erroneous backronyms."
Learn something new everyday.. :)

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
Although not as appalling, you should check this out. A guy installs a 3d party airport card in his ibook, but because of clearance problems he has to remove the "brace" which is actually the heatsink and never replaces it. Although it was only 233mhz, so im sure it doesn't produce that much heat. nevertheless I found it a little funny.
http://www.macmod.com/content/view/658/2/

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
Laser47 said:
Although not as appalling, you should check this out. A guy installs a 3d party airport card in his ibook, but because of clearance problems he has to remove the "brace" which is actually the heatsink and never replaces it. Although it was only 233mhz, so im sure it doesn't produce that much heat. nevertheless I found it a little funny.
Cons: - the missing parts affect the structure.
Pros: - the missing parts have no real affect on the structure.

??????

Eldentistfuturo

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2004
Houston
Laser47 said:

I would rather do that then pay $100 for the apple wifi card

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Ick! Don't like that at all.

The Falcon is quite imaginative though. I like the iSight poking out.

Though I do like the look of the mini as is I have to say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.