Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sesnir

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2008
Good... I email iTunes support every other week asking them to clear my queue.

So does this postpone the download or does it not even queue it up?

I definitely want this functionality for apps too.

polymersayb

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
When purchasing any of the above items using iTunes 11 on a Mac or Windows PC

Maybe and hopefully they're going to add a cellular radio option to the next generation of MacBooks...

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
How about an "Ignore update" option for apps so that little badge will go away for that one app that you refuse to update because the new version is horrible?

I would LOVE that feature, especially since sometimes I don't want to update an app right away or not at all, and when I update another app, I accidentally click the update button for the app I don't want to update.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
cool but I am still waiting for a scan of the barcode on gift cards so I don't have to type them in.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
I like the headline of this article, I'm going to read it all later.

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
FINALLY. Been waiting for this ever since movies and TV shows became available on iCloud. I even sent Apple feedback for this feature numerous times. I no longer store any of copies (except for iTunes Extras) on my local storage anymore since everything went iCloud and it's such a complete waste of bandwidth to force users to download items right after purchase. It's all about streaming now.

Thank you, Apple. Next: add iTunes movies/TV shows streaming to iOS!

I would keep q backup of all of your movies somewhere. The content providers can pull any movie from iTunes whenever they want, leaving you out of ~15 bucks. Those content providers are great aren't they? ;) :p

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I would keep q backup of all of your movies somewhere. The content providers can pull any movie from iTunes whenever they want, leaving you out of ~15 bucks. Those content providers are great aren't they? ;) :p

Huh, interesting point, never thought of it. Thankfully I have my movies on my Mac Pro and Synology server, and Time Machine (yeah, overkill but I'm not taking any chances on 2+ TB's of films).

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Even better, not only let you add apps etc to wish list but if you buy anything that is on a list, take it off the list and give you the option to receive alerts if the price changes.

Amazon has a nice feature that tells you if the price has fallen since you put an item into your wish list. They don't email that to you though which is a good idea.

I can't see it though. They removed the alerts feature with iTunes 11 which was a great way of knowing when your favourite artists added new content. iTunes seems to be getting worse with every new version rather than better.

kako

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2004
If only they had a "download never" button for desktop iTunes wanting to download purchases made on Apple TV.

dennno

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
This is a win-win-win for Apple, consumers and developers. So all I can say is FINALLY.

Apple will sell more copies this way while simultaneously maintaining the limit for cellular downloads.

It will be much easier for consumers to remember to download content later while also being conscious of their cellular data limit.

And for developers (I'm assuming this will be implemented for apps later) it will increase sales because most people that want to download games (that are over the limit) 'on-the-go' forget to do so later.

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
Yeah, like me and my Trusty Sprint Apple IPhone 5 with Unlimited 4G LTE Data to the IPhone itself but a 6 GB Data Limit to the Personal Hotspot would definitely Love to see the 50 MB Over Cellular Download Limit go away once and for all since my Parent's don't let me use their Comcast WIFI Connection. :-(

ShiggyMiyamoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Just outside Boston, MA.
This is great and all, but I personally think that not allowing users to download large albums/apps on LTE networks is quite dumb. There's plenty of bandwidth, but it forces you to use WiFi for anything over 50 MB. I'm almost sure there's a Jailbreak tweak to fix that, but yeah. Sad sad sad. Just my $0.02.

dennno

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
This is great and all, but I personally think that not allowing users to download large albums/apps on LTE networks is quite dumb. There's plenty of bandwidth, but it forces you to use WiFi for anything over 50 MB. I'm almost sure there's a Jailbreak tweak to fix that, but yeah. Sad sad sad. Just my $0.02.

Yeah I hate this too. It's like they reach new bounds with speeds but is constrained by the download cap. I think it's because not all countries get unlimited plans. Here in Australia we pay $35+ per month for 2GB of data a month.

ShiggyMiyamoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Just outside Boston, MA.
Yeah I hate this too. It's like they reach new bounds with speeds but is constrained by the download cap. I think it's because not all countries get unlimited plans. Here in Australia we pay $35+ per month for 2GB of data a month.

Great point, but I think it'd be a good idea for Apple to allow this on a specific carrier basis. Here in the US Sprint and TMobile are the only two carriers left that offer unlimited plans across the board, and if Apple could allow large DLs over LTE on ONLY those carriers, then that'd be great. Come on Apple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.