Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its "Shot on iPhone 6" site to add five new videos to the film section of the gallery. First added to the site in early June, the gallery showcases videos that were created using the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, incorporating camera features like Slo-Mo, Time-Lapse, and more.

Shot on iPhone 6 video taken in Papua New Guinea

In addition to featuring these videos on its site, Apple also uploads them to YouTube and shows them on television. At least one of the videos added to the site today was previously used in a television commercial. Videos that Apple uploads come from iPhone users around the world, and today's videos are from Bolivia, Alaska, Hawaii, and Papua New Guinea, with two videos coming from the last location.

The first video features a car racing across salt flats in Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia, while the second depicts a train in Anchorage, Alaska. All of the videos have music playing in the background, which is listed in the videos description, and they each end with the tagline "Shot on iPhone 6."

A third video features a massive wave cresting at Sandy Beach in Hawaii, while two videos from Papua New Guinea depict a Time-Lapse sunrise and an underwater shot of a school of fish near a coral reef.

Apple's Shot on iPhone 6 series has been running since March and has featured photographs and videos from more than 70 photographers in 24 countries. The image have been used in print media, transit posters, billboards, and television commercials around the world.

Just recently, Apple's Shot on iPhone 6 campaign won an Outdoor Lions Grand Prix award in advertising during the Cannes Lions International Festivity of Creativity, with one of the judges saying, "It's not just a great idea. It's a game changer. It's really opening a new way of doing things and changing behavior.

Article Link: Apple Adds Five New Videos to 'Shot on iPhone 6' Gallery

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Actually, my first thought was "Why this huge white border? Can't the iPhone record full-screen video?"

I think the white border is a mistake.

I agree; my original post was sarcastic which I've attempted to make more obvious.

Derekuda

Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
I like the disclaimer at the end of each video that says "additional equipment and software used". ......... Yup, shot on an iPhone 6. LOL

Derekuda

Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
Do you develop pictures taken with your phone? For Facebook viewing, even a 2MP camera will do. Also, sensor is more important than MP. My DSLR is only 10MP but it beats every smartphone. I wonder why!

Its cute that you believe Apple's marketing sales pitch. Do you also believe them when they tell you 1gb of ram is all you really need?

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Its cute that you believe Apple's marketing sales pitch. Do you also believe them when they tell you 1gb of ram is all you really need?

Did you read my post? I'm not even talking Apple here. My DSLR that is 10MP blows all smartphone out of the water. Sensor-size is what matters the most. The bigger the sensor, the more data you can capture thus more details. Yes, MP matters if you want to crop or print big pictures.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
Wake me up when they finally bump up the camera resolution. 8mp is sooo 2010.

You can't deny the camera isn't good though. After all, even if you'd like more MP, the sensor and other camera properties are really, really good. The pictures you can take are stunning, even if the resolution is low :)

After all, when a photo is uploaded to Facebook (as one example of iPhone camera usage) it's scaled down anyway. So you want to make sure the low-light quality is good, depth of field is nice, colours are accurate, etc. Those matter more than MP when the picture is called down to <8MP :)

Derekuda

Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
You can't deny the camera isn't good though. After all, even if you'd like more MP, the sensor and other camera properties are really, really good. The pictures you can take are stunning, even if the resolution is low :)

After all, when a photo is uploaded to Facebook (as one example of iPhone camera usage) it's scaled down anyway. So you want to make sure the low-light quality is good, depth of field is nice, colours are accurate, etc. Those matter more than MP when the picture is called down to <8MP :)
I will admit that shots do look good for online posting (if your into that). I don't have Facebook or instagram or any of those stupid sites.
(What's the point of the NSA when people give over their stuff). LOL
Personally I like to still print photos for around the home and as gifts to people in nice picture frames.
Maybe some people think it's dumb, but I still like it. (just for reference, I'm not on old grandpa or something. In my early 30s.)

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
I will admit that shots do look good for online posting (if your into that). I don't have Facebook or instagram or any of those stupid sites.
(What's the point of the NSA when people give over their stuff). LOL
Personally I like to still print photos for around the home and as gifts to people in nice picture frames.
Maybe some people think it's dumb, but I still like it. (just for reference, I'm not on old grandpa or something. In my early 30s.)

That's great! :)
I think people read too much into MP but that doesn't mean they're no good.

I doubt anyone really thinks the S6 camera is *twice* as good as the iPhone's. Or that the 200MP Nokia cameras trump the cameras in their iPhone/Galaxy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.