Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has officially announced announced that Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5 and Compressor 4 available today:.
Apple® today announced Final Cut Pro® X, a revolutionary new version of the world’s most popular Pro video editing software which completely reinvents video editing with a Magnetic Timeline that lets you edit on a flexible, trackless canvas; Content Auto-Analysis that categorizes your content upon import by shot type, media and people; and background rendering that allows you to work without interruption. Built on a modern 64-bit architecture, Final Cut Pro X is available from the Mac® App Store™ for $299.99.
Final Cut Pro X is available today for $299.99 from the Mac App Store. Motion 5 and Compressor 4 are available today for $49.99 each from the Mac App Store.

Article Link: Apple Announces Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, and Compressor 4 Available Today

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8F190)

All the whining I heard after WWDC about Final Cut can stop.

jfreak623

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2007
i just hope it is a little easier to work with. I'm no big time professional but I have always wanted a combination of the simplicity of iMovie with the power and functionality of Final Cut. Can't wait to test out this new version!

FrizzleFryBen

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Will be hitting refresh all day until available. I'm sooooo excited!

Edit: Wait a minute, there's no refresh in the app store. I guess that makes sense.

Last edited:

Stig McNasty

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
UK not feeling the FCPX love… yet

No sign of FCPX in UK Apple Store.

C'MON!!! :)

Edit> Just this App Store Screen

photostream

Last edited:

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8F190)

All the whining I heard after WWDC about Final Cut can stop.

Here's some whining- they've raised the price! Or sure, not for the first time buyer. But the entire studio upgrade price for DVD SP, FCP, Soundtrack, Motion, Compressor, Cinema Tools used to be $299. So, so far, I have to pay $350 for just 3 of those. There's no upgrade pricing.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
Wowzers Trousers!! You have no concept of HOW EXCITED I AM! :D

iMovie Pro is out! ;) (j/k, because I LOVE iMovie).

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Here's some whining- they've raised the price! Or sure, not for the first time buyer. But the entire studio upgrade price for DVD SP, FCP, Soundtrack, Motion, Compressor, Cinema Tools used to be $299. So, so far, I have to pay $350 for just 3 of those. There's no upgrade pricing.

That is not only due to a side effect of the App store not permitting upgrade pricing but also probably sue to the fact that FCP X is seen as a completely separate product.

Can I upgrade from final cut express or do I have to buy the whole thing new?

No, they are separate products and there is no cross grade pricing breaks.

Surreal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2004
hmm... what happened to color, soundtrack and DVD studio pro? I will hold off my whining until I hear what the status is on 'final cut studio'. While it is clear that they want us to consider this as a break from the old form, they are not clear on how much of a break it is.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Yesss! This day has finally come! But I don't have that much money... Any student discounts?

aafuss1

macrumors 68000
May 5, 2002
Gold Coast, Australia
It appears to me that that it's the end of the line for DVD Studio Pro, maybe due a focus on other methods of distributing finished movies as it's been discontinued

Apple has decided to drop the color grading appliction, Color and even Color and Final Cut Server in order to streamline it's pro offerings. A bold move by Apple in my opinion. Looks like need to do soundtracks, you now will have to use something like Logic and third-party software if you're into color grading (as Color is now discontinued)

I'm excited by this release as you can buy individual parts of FCS like Motiobn-and at under $100,a price that's hard to beat .

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.