Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

everything-i

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2012
London, UK
make sure they have a lot of gold colors for Saudi Arabia

----------

I see a girl using a white 5c, my first thought was, that's a shame, she either couldn't get a 5s or can't afford it.

LOL, but I have heard quite a few women say they like the look of the 5C over 5S. And for most of them they couldn't care less if it has the latest tech inside.

merlyn412

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
north vancouver
Sigh. Still waiting for my wife's phone to ship. Ordered before 9AM eastern time launch day. The delivery date has already been extended a week.

I ordered a gold 16gb for my wife through Rogers (Canada's largest mobile carrier) online at 5am launch day. I was 150th in the queue. I've only moved up to 51st :confused:

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013
Maybe they are just doubling down and trying to get the faulty sensors into as many markets as possible so they can justify a recall/hardware fix being impractical :eek:

Zebulon76

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
cue in the 'how dare they release it internationally when it's already sold out next door' comments...

It's to avoid the grey market in those country. Grey market is one of the reason that the availability in the launch country still tied, their is a lot of parallel export.

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
I had the 5c for 2 weeks, man, it didn't hold up well. It was white, and the sim tray had a dark ring around it from hand dirt, the phone was dropped out of my pocket onto my concrete step AFTER I was sat on the step, so about 3 inch drop, it dented the plastic a bit and knicked the shiny finish off. if it was black it would show terribly. But since it was white you had to look for it.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I ordered a 5S online as soon as AT&T started accepting them. But, the order didn't actually go through for 8 days, because AT&T's order status page did not clearly state action was required by me.

Once I figured out I needed to do something and did it, my 5S shipped the next day, and arrived 2 days later. However, it was a 32 GB slate gray model, not gold or silver.

I took my phone in to be activated (had to put it on our share plan, and migrate my wife's 4S to my old 5), and the AT&T rep said the wait list for the gold 5S was over 45 days.
I ordered on Sept 30th and see nothing regarding the order on the AT&T website. Chatted with them and they say I need to contact Apple about information on the order. Apple website shows the order status as In Progress. Should I be more patient or do you think there is something I should follow up on with Apple CS?

ptb42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
I ordered on Sept 30th and see nothing regarding the order on the AT&T website. Chatted with them and they say I need to contact Apple about information on the order. Apple website shows the order status as In Progress. Should I be more patient or do you think there is something I should follow up on with Apple CS?

I'm not sure why you have to go to the Apple website. Did you order it from Apple, or from AT&T?

I ordered from AT&T, on their website, doing a contract renewal at the same time. The phone was shipped by AT&T, from their warehouse in the D/FW area.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I wish I could, but it's hard to get a shot of your phone randomly rebooting three times a day.

blue screen of death is a microsoft feature not an apple one -- you sure you got an iPhone?

As for the random crashes, I have gotten a few, but the frequency you are reporting seems exaggerated, but if you are actually on the a microsoft phone (see point above) then it all makes sense.

:D

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
It's to avoid the grey market in those country. Grey market is one of the reason that the availability in the launch country still tied, their is a lot of parallel export.

Agree - also, they did that with the 5 and once stock stabilized it turned out to be huge success.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I am amazed that an earlier report on this very site has the iPhone 5s and 5c as number 1 and 2 and it hasn't even made it to all countries. (Actually that ranking may have been limited to launch countries)

It will be interesting how this plays out as many have predicted that in the emerging countries the 5c would sell more than the 5s. I doubt we will hear much about the spread at the earnings call but it will be interesting to see what spin apple gives the whatever numbers they do share.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
make sure they have a lot of gold colors for Saudi Arabia

People make fun of 'Arabs who customized their iPhone 4 with gold', yet the iPhone 5s gold is sold out with a waiting list of over 45 days in the US... funny, isn't it?

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2004
How about fill the Fing orders you already have had before sending to new markets. This is the worst launch Apple has ever had. No Pre-Ordering, horrible supply levels! I have been waiting 3 weeks already WTF!!!!!!!

Conrad Joe

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2013
I can't. At least online orders are sent from where the phone was manufactured anyway (China, in my case). So, why can't I order a phone in Spain? Why have I order it to a friend in Germany that has to send it to me then?

Apple rolls out availability in a manner calculated to get as much profit as possible. I'm pretty sure they know how to best do that. Business is business.

It sucks for people in secondary markets, but you can't blame Apple.

----------

I wish I could understand the logic behind that schedule. Why is South America not part of that list, or at least Argentina, Brazil and Chile, three countries whose markets are way bigger than several of those in the two availability lists?

See above. There are a bunch of different factors involved, with logistics playing a large part.

monkor

macrumors regular
May 25, 2012
Ever think you got a defective unit and ask for replacement? You know, millions has been sold and there are no news that significant number have complaints like yours

Make that two. Kinda pissy because everything else works and looks perfectly save for the random rebooting, who h is getting worse.

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
Sigh. Still waiting for my wife's phone to ship. Ordered before 9AM eastern time launch day. The delivery date has already been extended a week.

My girlfriend ordered hers at 12:05am pacific, within 5 minutes of the website launch. It still isn't here, but should be delivered tomorrow finally. 32gb gold on AT&T.

teresakt

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2013
I'd be happy for all those other countries but I'm still waiting for my Gold 32 here in southern BC, Canada :(. Wanting to purchase it through Telus Mobility so I can trade my 4s in. Missed my birthday date of Oct 5 and still waiting with no ETA in sight......

Steveo13

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
South Carolina
there is not even enough in the market to satisfy the demand and their gonna launch in all those other countries soon? I guess I am never gonna get one.:(

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
I wish I could understand the logic behind that schedule. Why is South America not part of that list, or at least Argentina, Brazil and Chile, three countries whose markets are way bigger than several of those in the two availability lists?

Yes, and what about Kazakhstan? No grreat success?

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
How about fill the Fing orders you already have had before sending to new markets. This is the worst launch Apple has ever had. No Pre-Ordering, horrible supply levels! I have been waiting 3 weeks already WTF!!!!!!!

This post is a great example of whining, because you have to wait? OMG!

And, me me me and nobody else should get anything until MY priority demand is fulfilled.

Are you for real?

You lived your entire life without an iPhone 5S and a few weeks more get you into a tizzy? If you have a working iPhone everything is fine until they have caught up.

It also shows, you know nothing about marketing, vs, purchasing, production and the list goes on. Worse launch ever, LOL.

Please get an education, start thinking and get real! Geez!

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
I'm not sure why you have to go to the Apple website. Did you order it from Apple, or from AT&T?

I ordered from AT&T, on their website, doing a contract renewal at the same time. The phone was shipped by AT&T, from their warehouse in the D/FW area.
I ordered through the Apple Store. So I guess Apple has to put through the request for the contract change. And I guess they won't do that until the phone is shipped. Right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.