Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today shared a new Apple TV ad that focuses on the Siri features built in to the set-top box. Entitled "The Kiss," the one minute ad stars Alison Brie and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

In the spot, the two actors are attempting to replicate an on-screen kiss, using Siri to rewind a specific movie scene. On the fourth-generation Apple TV, asking Siri questions like "What did she say?" or "Rewind 10 seconds" will automatically replay a scene from television show or movie.

Siri's content search features are also shown off, demonstrating the ability to find television shows or play songs from Apple Music.

The new Apple TV, starring Siri. Now it's easier than ever to enjoy your favorite movies, shows, music and apps.
The ad is one of several in a series with the tagline "The Future of Television." Since the Apple TV launched in October of 2015, Apple has been promoting it through a range of different television ads and billboards that have focused both on content and features like the tvOS App Store, Siri search, Apple Music, and more.

Article Link: Apple Shares New 'The Kiss' Ad Featuring Apple TV's Siri Integration

Reactions: WigWag Workshop

laurim

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2003
Minnesota USA
Now if only they could get a channel package scheme together. I just had to order Prism TV in order to dump my $230/month Xfinity bill because I couldn't figure out a way to get all the channels I enjoy off the main grid.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
It's not a terrible ad, but not amazing as well.
Hmm maybe the sort of Apple ads I really enjoyed just aren't at the pulse of time anymore and different kinds of ads get favored instead, then again I always thought of them as timeless classics and their easy yet effective concept could simply be re-applied.

I'm just not feeling this ad, then again I'm not feeling the new Apple TV either.

Glassed Silver:mac

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
OMG will you guys ever stop using the word "share" to describe Apple commercials? You make it sound like they made a pretty lemon cake and are kindly letting us have some. The richest company in the world doesn't "share" anything with the public; they release/launch/unveil/etc. "Share" makes you sound like some kind of naive sycophants.

brianvictor7

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
United States
It's not a terrible ad, but not amazing as well.
Hmm maybe the sort of Apple ads I really enjoyed just aren't at the pulse of time anymore and different kinds of ads get favored instead, then again I always thought of them as timeless classics and their easy yet effective concept could simply be re-applied.

I'm just not feeling this ad, then again I'm not feeling the new Apple TV either.

Glassed Silver:mac

Agreed. But it made me laugh and that's doing well enough in my book.

As always, I love your Haruhi avatar.

arkhanjel

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2003
OMG will you guys ever stop using the word "share" to describe Apple commercials? You make it sound like they made a pretty lemon cake and are kindly letting us have some. The richest company in the world doesn't "share" anything with the public; they release/launch/unveil/etc. "Share" makes you sound like some kind of naive sycophants.

They're simply stating that Apple shared the video on their YouTube channel which is totally appropriate even though its a commercial considering it's being posted on their channel and no one is being forced to go there to watch it.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Cute ad but I really liked the cookie monster ad more.

Cookie Monster could probably sell me the Brooklyn Bridge. I must have watched that ad four times and was ready to plunk down the dough (heh) for an iPhone 6s even though I was adamant about waiting for the SE. Close call. Apple's very very good at this stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.