Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
I was surprised when the Lite version of our newest game (Suppression) was approved on Sunday... looks like they're kicking it up a notch. They never used to work Sundays.

The last game I submitted (early Sept) was approved in 10 days... recently, an update was approved in 14 days. They're just playing catch-up.

I had 3 apps approved on Friday, 1 on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday!

Those first 3 had taken MONTHS but the other 3 only about a week!

And I've been able to talk to someone at Apple... They have been and continue working on weekends.

Gee, I hope the quality of their approval process wasn't compromised. 1400 in one day? How can you possibly thoroughly look at each app?

In my case, some apps had been rejected over keywords, so upon changing those, the obstacles were removed and 3 were approved quickly. So I can see how they might have batch approvals. It helps when they communicate better and tell us what they find objectionable.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I think they needed to to support the claims of the new commercial, 75000 apps.

obievil

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2009
honestly if they are going to continue to approve hundreds even thousand or more per week, they need to put in a section in the app store in iTunes "Apps approved last week" so you can go through them, and keep a history for like the last month or two.

because honestly. there are already so many, that getting that many more means it's going to take forever to find anything decent, I'd rather just flip through the screens in iTunes.

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
honestly if they are going to continue to approve hundreds even thousand or more per week, they need to put in a section in the app store in iTunes "Apps approved last week" so you can go through them, and keep a history for like the last month or two.

because honestly. there are already so many, that getting that many more means it's going to take forever to find anything decent, I'd rather just flip through the screens in iTunes.

I had 6 apps get approved this weekend, and only 3 showed up as New Releases. These were not updates, but new apps, and I had the Availability Date correctly set. They've got enough issues getting things to work, so I would look to AppShopper to see the New Releases, etc.

iTunes = PayPal. Use it to pay, but use other sources to shop.

It's the same advice I give to developers. Don't count on iTunes to do your marketing.

ckd

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2009
Still waiting for the new version of NetNewsWire for iPhone with Google Reader syncing to be approved.

(But they did approve the "upgrade" of Frotz. It can no longer download interactive fiction from the web; instead you browse IFDB, and then if you "download" something that's in Frotz's pre-loaded cache you get it...if it's not in the pre-loaded content you get a "sorry" dialog box.)

muxbox

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2009
The app store is becoming like youtube. If you think of it and search there is probably a video about it.

99% of the apps i look for have been made already. It's great. The other 1% i try and make myself!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.