Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hmnicho

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2018
completed the whole application process.. 2 interviews and job preview... still haven't heard anything back.. when I did the Skype interview I was told they were aiming for a group to start end of June and another at the end of July... I'm not sure if I should hold out or not... it so hard to tell because they are notorious for dragging out the process... :(

huto100

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2018
completed the whole application process.. 2 interviews and job preview... still haven't heard anything back.. when I did the Skype interview I was told they were aiming for a group to start end of June and another at the end of July... I'm not sure if I should hold out or not... it so hard to tell because they are notorious for dragging out the process... :(

like you I have been though the whole process except the job preview. I have not heard anything since the Skype interview. Where are you located? When did you have your Skype interview and job preview? I did in May and it was very fast process up to Skype interview (2-3 weeks since applied the job).

Hmnicho

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2018
like you I have been though the whole process except the job preview. I have not heard anything since the Skype interview. Where are you located? When did you have your Skype interview and job preview? I did in May and it was very fast process up to Skype interview (2-3 weeks since applied the job).

Same, it was all 1-2 weeks up till the Skype interview.. I think it was 3-4 weeks till the job preview which I did on May 24th.. that’s why I’m still hopeful.. I’ve read they don’t tell you till a week or so before your due to start and I’ve also read they should email you either way.. hmmm

huto100

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2018
[doublepost=1529984444][/doublepost]Which country are you in? At least you got the job preview stage. U should be ok. It is all depends the training course schedule.

Nik459

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2018
Hi. I’m in Australia also. I would suggest emailing them to ask for an update, they must get a lot of applications.
[doublepost=1530020318][/doublepost]Oh also I heard they only do a class a month usually. so I’m guessing they are filling July class now, or maybe even moving to August.

huto100

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2018

Greanbeens

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2018
If you don’t mind please update when you hear back from them. I’ve heard that the whole process can take a pretty long time and a number of people don’t hear till the last minute.
I really enjoyed the FaceTime interview and believe it went really well. I have sorted all of my past employment information out, thank you for the advice on that one

Good luck but I’m certain you will hear of your start date for training soon

I ended up hearing back on the 28th of May after applying in January. They wanted to know if I could commit to the work hours. It was such a long time to wait I was no longer able to commit to the hours so had to turn them down. I now have a job working from home with better hours anyway but I may reapply in the future if that doesn’t work out. Thought I’d update you and for anyone else reading through this thread. It can take months of silence from them before you get an offer.

To anyone else reading my original post is a few pages back if you want to read my experience.

Hmnicho

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2018
Have you gone through background checking? How long did it take between Skype interview and Job preview?
Yes I’ve completed the whole application process.. it was only a week or so between each interview.
[doublepost=1530488252][/doublepost]
Hi. I’m in Australia also. I would suggest emailing them to ask for an update, they must get a lot of applications.
[doublepost=1530020318][/doublepost]Oh also I heard they only do a class a month usually. so I’m guessing they are filling July class now, or maybe even moving to August.

I had sent them an email the Monday before I posted here, and I just sent them another because I hadn’t heard back.. I’m sure they are extremely busy, I just really need to know because I’m being hounded by other employers but I really want this job!! I was told in my Skype interview they were aiming to start a class at the end of June and another st the end of July.. I’ve read they don’t let you know until a week before you start.. so I’m not sure what to do!! :(
[doublepost=1530488538][/doublepost]
Hi guys,

I applied for an at home advisor position with Apple Australia through their internal employee referral program (i know someone there who submitted my resume internally for me). This was in Mid January. I have had a phone interview, then a skype interview 2 weeks or so later. A week or more after that i received the email from HireRight and completed the background check which is all clear. 2 weeks or so after that i got an email saying "I am one step closer to being an at home advisor!" which invited me to a Job Preview Session online where they go over the requirements of the job and the hours to ensure everyone understands and can ask any questions. That session was two weeks ago today. This has been a long process and the person that referred me said he hasn't heard of anyone getting to the job preview stage and then not getting the job. Training supposed to start at the end of April some time. Originally i was going to be in the February class then that got full and i was moved to March but then HR emailed me and said March is full i will be contacted about April recruit as i am on the listing. Not sure if he meant listing for the training class or just the job preview.

I feel like i most likely have the job but the wait is killing me. Has anyone else had a similar experience lately and can provide some advice or reassurance? The job preview was the week of the Easter long weekend so i assume maybe that caused a delay but... yeah two weeks later and nothing! I have emailed the recruitment email address twice with no response - not unusual they haven't replied to any questions i had through this whole process anyway. Sorry for the long post i'm just beside myself and have been for months! Any advice would be welcome.

I’ve been through the same process!! Applied in April, application process ended in May with the job preview.. emailed twice now.. no reply.. not sure what to do!!

Nik459

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2018
it would be very unusual to not hear anything with only a week til training. They need to get contracts out, they need to give you a standard time to respond to that, and then the equipment itself needs to be sent to you. As the last class started mid June just going off this thread, I would take a guess that the next one starts mid July, which puts it late next week start date.! I hope you hear something either way soon!

dizzydiamond

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2018
Still haven't heard anything back. Not a follow up for an interview or a rejection email. Has anyone ever taken the initiative and emailed them first?

son300

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2018
Short question about the contracts:

How long did it take until HR sent them to you?

I applied 2 weeks ago, had the typing and internet speed tests 2 days after and passed the phone and Skype interview beginning of this week. HR then mailed me and congratulated me on my new position and told me to wait for the contracts.

Last edited:

Hmnicho

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2018
Still haven't heard anything back. Not a follow up for an interview or a rejection email. Has anyone ever taken the initiative and emailed them first?
Ive emailed 3 times, started the process in April, completed application process at the beginning of June. Not a word since.

applefan54

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2018
Not sure if this bolongs here, but im a former employee and want to add my experience ot my resume but not sure what to write on there. im a terrible writer lol i started as a ios advisor and then moved to mac computer support. then moved to level 2 support

Oak817

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2016
Heads up to anyone applying for this role. Make sure everything is 100% correct. Ask as many questions as possible. Especially when it comes to the internet connection.
I just went through over 2 months of interviews background checks and waiting. Got the offer, signed the contracts and had a start day of yesterday.
They had issues with getting my equipment to me. In the process I got to learn about internet connections and nbn isn’t always right.
I lost the job on the spot the day before starting. I have no job to go back to and am feeling pretty low.

They are a huge company and losing one person doesn’t make them blink or feel sorry for you. HR are great but don’t expect a sorry lol!

Oh wow! Sorry to hear that. I've worked for Apple for 3 years and not once was I ever questioned about my internet connection, or the service I had. At the very most, we had to submit a speed test check, but that's about it. Also there is no way for them to actually verify if you are on a wired or wireless connection; it's pretty much the honor system.
[doublepost=1534384963][/doublepost]
Hey everyone! Just applied for the AHA position through the college program. Waiting to hear back. I'm a little nervous lol. I just wanted to ask about vacation time and taking time off. When do you start accruing and when can you use vacation time? Also, are they flexible with time off as long as you let them know ahead of time? For example if I wanted to work my 8 hour weekend shift on a weekday to leave my weekend open, would they allow that?

Vacation starts to accrue immediately. However, you cannot use it until after the probation period; which I believe is 3 months. If there is time available to take, and you have the vacation time to cover it, you'll be able to take off. During the holidays, available time off slots go quick, so I would recommend getting your request in early. If you want to swap shifts with someone, you can do that as well.
[doublepost=1534385338][/doublepost]
Ive emailed 3 times, started the process in April, completed application process at the beginning of June. Not a word since.
It widely varies with different people, time of the year, current needs, etc. My timeline: I applied May/June - phone interview September - two FaceTime interviews September/October - Hired November.

After the FaceTime interviews, if they emailed you that means you did not get the job. If you got a phone call, you got the job.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
Can someone who works/worked for Apple as a customer support advisor please elaborate on the 4-week training program? Like, what subjects are covered, what is the assessment like (written exam, what type of questions)? Thanks!

Oak817

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2016
Can someone who works/worked for Apple as a customer support advisor please elaborate on the 4-week training program? Like, what subjects are covered, what is the assessment like (written exam, what type of questions)? Thanks!
Training was in a virtual environment, if my memory serves me correctly, we used the Blackboard platform. We had a quiz at the end of each week. Then the final test at the end that determined if you would continue employment at Apple. All quizzes/tests were multiple choice. Very relaxed class, low pressure.

Reactions: rmoliv

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
Training was in a virtual environment, if my memory serves me correctly, we used the Blackboard platform. We had a quiz at the end of each week. Then the final test at the end that determined if you would continue employment at Apple. All quizzes/tests were multiple choice. Very relaxed class, low pressure.

Thank you.

Is there any source/material to practice for the final exam? What would you suggest one doing in order to be prepared for and pass it?

Last edited:

Oak817

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2016
Thank you.

Is there any source/material to practice for the final exam? What would you suggest one doing in order to be prepared for and pass it?
The material that was on the final exam was just from what we had learned throughout training. Honestly as long as you paid attention in class, you were able to pass the final exam.

Reactions: Command and rmoliv

alex_

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2021
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I'm super curious to know if anyone has up to date information on the College Support Advisor program! I can't seem to find any posts about it less than 3-4 years old. Is it still a really long process where I likely won't hear anything til May if they want to call me? Plus, since the job was posted months ago, I'm wondering if I should get my hopes up at all since I only just applied a couple days ago. haha Are there any ways I can potentially get someone's attention or get my foot in the door to increase my chances of getting a call?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.