Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applefanhater

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2014
Hand delivered, hey?

Us plebs are lucky to have our orders dropkicked at us straight from the truck.

Uh, no My wife had to sign for hers.

----------

I'm almost amazed by the number of people who are here, owning apple products, posting on apple forums, and crying about things being a waste of money, you're on a site for premium priced luxury products FFS. Reading your whiny comments is a waste of my money because my time is worth money, so thanks for that.

Seriously, what do you care how people spend money, are they taking from you? Jealousy is so pathetic, go get a worthwhile skill instead of posting class envy on the internet and you can buy a $15k watch too you bunch of babies.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
They're ALL SOLD OUT already (even in the stores). People that buy these things don't worry one bit about this. Not one bit.

They are not even available in stores, how could they possibly sold out? If you think online store, then maybe there were none to start with.

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
They are not even available in stores, how could they possibly sold out? If you think online store, then maybe there were none to start with.

There are a few stores world wide that did have them. Just like they had the Apple watch. So, yes, they were sold out.... Pre-orders were pushed way out, so I'd call that sold out too.

If you have some place on your credit card now you can try ordering right now and see when your order will come in. That will demonstrate that point pretty conclusively. Got a feeling that delivery won't be in 2-3 days...

Funny how people can claim the opposite with no numbers (or proof), but hey I need numbers direct from Apple to demonstrate my point...

Hasters

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2015
Yahoooooo! Now the interminable countdown begins!

WR35FBK.png

Last edited:

cygnusx

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2015
London
Edition with midnight blue classic buckle 42mm shipped!

Shipped today with estimated delivery in London by tomorrow!! Ordered xx.01 on 10/4

Last edited:

Redenkeew

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
NYC
if you waste huge sums of money showing utter excess, you're a horrible person. Buying a rolex is an excess. Buying an edition is even more of an excess. A rolex will last forever if taken care of. You could pass it on to your kids. The edition will be obsolete in a few years. There are degrees of excess.

Yes, you can spend your money on what you want but only to a degree. At a certain point the excess becomes morally wrong. I'm not sure where that point is, but the edition seems to certainly be over the line.

if you have so much money that you feel totally comfortable blowing it on an edition, you need to give more to charity. Because if you have this much money, you have way way way too much freaking money!

lol. Please stop being jelly of rich people.

Redenkeew

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
NYC
The time–keeping mechanism and electronics inside the $399 model is exactly the same as the $16,000 model. The only difference is the golden watchband. Apple's Cook knows this, too. Why would Cook OK an idea to sell the exact same watch body, pricing higher only for a gold watchband? I'll wait for some media smart aleck to present the question for Cook to answer some day.

I'm as serious as cancer writing this next thought: me thunks Apple bigwigs want to understand the neurotic aspects inside their truly devoted fan base.

Because they can? Since Apple is pushing AW as a fashion item, I'm going to take examples from the fashion world so you can see how they price it just because they can. The Hermes's Birkin. They charge a minimum of 10,000 USD for a leather bag. And it goes up to 60,000 for a crocodile version. Does it make sense? No. Do people still buying it? YES. On a long waiting list.

Also, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Hermes all raise their prices by approx 5% twice a year for fun. Does it cost more for them to produce a bag in 6 months? No. So why do they charge so much? Because they can and people still buy. Business standpoint? You're dumb for not charging that much if you have the demand. If you say no one is buying the Gold Apple Watch? LOL there are a lot more rich people in this world than you think.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Some of the people with that much money already give far more than that amount to charity already. And very possibly a higher percentage than you gave to charity last year. So why don't you start with yourself?

Fair enough---but if you're accusing me of being judgemental, why don't YOU start with YOURself. I give plenty to charity.

badonenow9

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2010
New Apple Watch Shipment Date

My order for Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band changed today (27May15) from 22-29Jun15 to 16-22Jun15.

Aspekt

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
My order for Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band changed today (27May15) from 22-29Jun15 to 16-22Jun15.

As did mine. The date seem to moved ahead by a week, credit card says payment is authorized.

This is for Apple Watch 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Black Classic Buckle.

Aspekt

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
As did mine. The date seem to moved ahead by a week, credit card says payment is authorized.

This is for Apple Watch 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Black Classic Buckle.

Changed again. It is now shipped. Will arrive on 6/1/2015.

alexjohnson

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2010
No envy. Just pure dumb. $16,350 for a frickin' apple watch, lol. There's two types of rich: born rich or you've earned your keep. People who buys these are of the former. Anyone with intelligence will see this thing updated in a year and what do you do with an outdated apple device? Good luck pawning it off for $16k.

If you bought some rolex, you'd actually make money after a few years. Apple watch, not so much!

Clearly you're an expert. As one of the pure dumb, you might like to take a look at the value of that brand new Rolex the minute you open the box. Or, you can quote the endless received wisdom if that's easier. It is true there is a healthy and decent second-hand market for good watches. Some of those will appreciate over time, perhaps considerably. Some will crash through the floor first, like Omega's digital watches. They're now rare and collectors do want some of them - but they went through a long period of people thinking that those purchasers must have been crazy.

My purchase is not an investment. I can assure you I am well-equipped to know the difference. But, you might like to take a look at the resale value of well-maintained Mac 128k in the box, or the first iPod, or iPhone. None of these, once you have taken storage costs into account, was a "good" investment. In each case, when the second and third and fourth generation came along, these looked like dinosaurs, and you could barely give them away. Now, if they're in good condition, with the box? Not so much. That doesn't happen to the second generation ones we all know are "better" - the Mac 512k has some demand as it at least looks like the original, but the iPhone 3G? The iPod with the solid-state wheel? No. And, you can't really predict it. I'm not aware that the original iPad has any cachet, or the Cube, or the Newton. So who knows?

I know I don't. But I also know you don't, either. Meantime, I love my watch, and I love that unlike yours, it has a complex and patented metallurgy that goes to the molecular level which even by the standards of Apple's design, is a new frontier. I am fortunate enough to be able to enjoy that. I guess I'm lucky enough to be dumb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.