Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
I was going to buy the Sennheiser headphones for my iPod here in Switzerland, but the shipping/tax kinda kill the discount (around 25 CHF)...so I will pass for now! :rolleyes:

The CX300s are much cheaper from Amazon (at least in the UK they are).

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
I went today to the Regent St Apple Store. Was pretty underwhelmed to be honest.

And maybe I'm just a miserable git, but that really, really loud music got on my nerves after a while and I just couldn't wait to get out of there.

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
BLACK + DAY OF WEEK = VERY BAD IN UK

Whenever the economy goes proper tits up, in other words companies going to the wall because of a drastic collaspe in the UK stock market it is always given a name.

Black (because the outlook is bleak) and the day of the week.

We've had Black Monday and Black Wednesday so far, and we don't really need a Black Friday.

lewchenko

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
While I applaud Apple for atleast treating us Brits to a 'sale', I must point out the following :

1. For ipods, The discounts bring the apple store price practically down to that which amazon.co.uk were already charging. :mad: Some sale.

2. The UK £ in all its glory is now worth 2x a $. So why do we often pay upto 30% more than the $ equivalent. Screw you apple. :mad:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
In the end I bought the M-Audio Uno Sport whatsamajiggy from my local Apple store. Very good too. Just trying to fit in my Roland E-28 keyboard among my old setup. a little messy if I do say so myself.

It wasn't on offer. Not much was on offer.

r-sparks

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2006
England
Apple's US vs UK pricing

While I applaud Apple for atleast treating us Brits to a 'sale', I must point out the following :

2. The UK £ in all its glory is now worth 2x a $. So why do we often pay upto 30% more than the $ equivalent. Screw you apple. :mad:

I think Apple UK's pricing is decent compared to US pricing.

With the sale yesterday an 20in iMac cost £930 including tax and free shipping. If I live in California and order the same thing from Apple US, it will cost $1638 (£826). That's including local tax, which is often left off US website prices until you get to the checkout stage.

So it's around £100 less, 13% less (approx). I agree UK prices are often unjustifiably higher with but I think Apple sins less than other companies which have a dollar = pound pricing structure (ie something priced at $299 costs £299 in the UK).

r-sparks

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2006
England
No returns policy

Warning: Normally you can return Apple goods after 14 days if you don't want them (maybe if you find a Mac just isn't for you). But you can't with this offer. Once you buy something, it's yours, unless it breaks or arrives faulty.

It's a little late to be told this now but maybe somebody might be reading this when next year's offer comes up.

Linito

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2006

1. For ipods, The discounts bring the apple store price practically down to that which amazon.co.uk were already charging. :mad: Some sale.

then buy online

European union import taxes

rinnin

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2002
This sucks

THey should have sent an email round or something as I would have bought and saved. Too late now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.