Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Hologram Steve Jobs is doing the keynote speech.*

I have heard rumors the image will be of Jobs but the actual speech will be delivered by Siri.

----------

2 presentations to tell us how Apple is revolutionizing the operating systems by integrating more social networking.

In the early days, Apple products used to be for people who did real work for real money NOW they've turned their attention to teenagers and social networking - time to look elsewhere.

Do you know how much time , energy and money REAL companies spend on social networking these days?

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Who wants to guess no new hardware?

I am guessing this time it will be the announcement of iOS7 that takes the show, maybe something about new chips in existing models, but not sure if Retina will come to the MBA or not. Considering Apple is not selling many of their Retina MBP's now because of the price, we might all see a slight price adjustment.

I have no idea but I do not think they will have the new OSX ready yet, and I am sure they will run the entire show on all the new features for iOS7, OSX?, and iCloud that we will be able to get in the near future. I suspect the bigger announcement will be in September or October for the two new iPhones, that is where the juice of what some are waiting for will be.

thisisdallas

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Cupertino, CA
I really hope they fix all of the software bugs currently present in OSX and iOS. None of them are that bad, but they still have a big enough impact on my day to day usage that they lower the quality and feel of the product.

I'm really hoping that Apple figures out a way to blow the competition out of the water. Advances and features so useful and amazing that Samsung and its gimmicks are laughable.

macman34

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2013
Someone tell Tim Cook to not pat himself on the back once more, and to get some schooling on how to perform keynotes to appear dignified instead of ridiculous. No such hope of course for Phil Schiller who 'll appear ridiculous no matter what.

At least when Scott was around we got to see someone who actually, you know, created stuff instead of the operations and the marketing guy. Sure there's Federighi too, who's created stuff too, the two worst versions of os x.

And then there's Eddie Cue who's responsible for breaking the law big time with the book collusion business and taking ages to negotiate a streaming music scheme. I hope we don't see his likes.

I really think they should bring to stage some of the hardware and software developers to present whatever new they have in stuff, new faces.

Anyway, I 'll be eagerly awaiting a rmp update, I hope we get it. Oh and the mac pro of course.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
2 presentations to tell us how Apple is revolutionizing the operating systems by integrating more social networking.

In the early days, Apple products used to be for people who did real work for real money NOW they've turned their attention to teenagers and social networking - time to look elsewhere.

Agree, adding vimeo and flickr integration seems like they really are aiming to be a teens phone. How about adding this that will actually make people more productive? I know this is all rumors but it seems like they are going in the wrong direction from what got them to where they are now.

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
Do you know how much time , energy and money REAL companies spend on social networking these days?

Do you know how much time, energy, and money REAL companies lose in inefficiencies due to employee social networking?

It's a scourge!

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
And a launch is not the same as an announcement. New hardware could be announced at WWDC.
That would be a long wait. Typically with Apple, hardware availability follows fairly shortly after the announcement, if not immediately.

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
Agree, adding vimeo and flickr integration seems like they really are aiming to be a teens phone. How about adding this that will actually make people more productive? I know this is all rumors but it seems like they are going in the wrong direction from what got them to where they are now.

Teens don't use Flickr and Vimeo. Did you just see "social media" associated with them and come to that conclusion? Neither of those sites are social media per se, not like FB, Twitter and G+ are.

Love it when people here jump to conclusions. Anything to propagate the doom and gloom attitude of the elitist who feel "their" Apple is no longer special because teens use their products.

The end is nigh for thee, best to use Linux as a serious pro and not mingle with the Apple-using riff raff.

Last edited:

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
Teens don't use Flickr and Vimeo. Did you just see "social media" associated with them and come to that conclusion? Neither of those sites are social media per se, not like FB, Twitter and G+ are.

Love it when people here jump to conclusions. Anything to propagate the doom and gloom attitude of the elitist who feel "their" Apple is no longer special because teens use their products.

The end is nigh for thee, best to use Linux as a serious pro and not mingle with the Apple-using riff raff.

More teens use Flickr than you think. I know a lot of people who use it for more than just posting pictures. But my point still stands, there is alot more they should address first before Flickr and Vimeo. And please drop the I'm better than everyone attitude. I forgot it is wrong to voice an opinion on a rumor site. Don't want you fanboys jumping down my throat because I simply said there is other things they need to work on.....
Go home, you're drunk.....

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
"...Apple is no longer special because teens use their products."

Nope, it's the dumbing down of iOS and Mac OS to make the product attractive to teenagers and social media addicts, that is offensive.

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
More teens use Flickr than you think. I know a lot of people who use it for more than just posting pictures. But my point still stands, there is alot more they should address first before Flickr and Vimeo.

How do you know they're not addressing those things?

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
I never said they weren't.... You just put words in my mouth, I never claimed they weren't just said they should work on those things...

At any rate, your initial point was wrong. Vimeo and Flickr are not geared at teens and Apple including sharing options for those (quality) services does not make iOS an OS for teenagers.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
More teens use Flickr than you think. I know a lot of people who use it for more than just posting pictures. But my point still stands, there is alot more they should address first before Flickr and Vimeo.

I'm sure there are a lot of pro photographers who use flickr too. And I don't see anyone saying that Apple should only focus on the social aspects. The truth is that the majority of people don't care about a better finder (FTFF, anyone?) or better multi-monitor support (as rumored to be updated in 10.9). Social features demo better so they're going to get the spotlight. But it doesn't mean that Apple isn't working in other areas.

"...Apple is no longer special because teens use their products."

Nope, it's the dumbing down of iOS and Mac OS to make the product attractive to teenagers and social media addicts, that is offensive.

Yes, there are certain aspects of OS X that have been simplified for the user. I don't want iCloud document storage shoved down my throat, or notifications for that matter, nor do I want to deal with Launchpad.

Fortunately, OS X is built on top of Unix, which means it's a quick trip to google and to terminal to change things I don't like (or a custom .dotfile to immediately change every setting I want). Or I can find a third-party app/ tweak to fix it myself.

It is ridiculous that it's taken 2 whole versions to fix multi-monitor support, while adding features that I don't care about, but I also know that Apple's customer base is a heck of a lot larger than just me. And just because it isn't fixed according to my timeline doesn't mean that it's not on Apple's list. They're a company with a finite set of resources. They've set priorities and that's that.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Now lacking a master magician to whip up the crowd, this keynote may be rather dull. By falling so far behind the premier Androids like the GS4, & HTC One that have already been delivered, Apples next iPhone must come from behind. Considering its Apple's flagship product, and not likely to be introduced anytime soon, Apples in an odd position.

No matter how much of iOS 7 is revealed or verbally hyped, the average buyer won't notice or care. Just another crack in the wall. I sure would enjoy it if Apple were being more aggressive with what was once a clear leader on the cutting edge of smartphones. Currently they seem to be gloating over their profits and auto-pilot sales to those who only seek the Apple Logo.

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
At any rate, your initial point was wrong. Vimeo and Flickr are not geared at teens and Apple including sharing options for those (quality) services does not make iOS an OS for teenagers.

Never said it was an OS for teens, I said there are other things they could have included/should focus on....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.