Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macboy Pro

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
It can depend on where as well. Walk into quite a few larger and smaller tech companies in Silicon Valley and you might only see Macs.

I don't doubt there are companies all Mac. I am all Mac myself. I just had a guy try and refute that the Mac market share is small. It is 13% to 87%. It is small. Not claiming to understand why, but my guess is that Apple controlling policies are not compatible with most large companies. I also think the forced obsolescence and proprietary nature of Apple products is a large problem also.

Saucesome2000

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2014
Nashville, TN
I don't doubt there are companies all Mac. I am all Mac myself. I just had a guy try and refute that the Mac market share is small. It is 13% to 87%. It is small. Not claiming to understand why, but my guess is that Apple controlling policies are not compatible with most large companies. I also think the forced obsolescence and proprietary nature of Apple products is a large problem also.

The reason the market share is so small has to do with the higher pricing of Macs for so long and largely in part due to the limited availability of software many companies use that has only been available on Windows. Since the introduction of the Intel Macs, this is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

I work for an Apple reseller and we are seeing companies every day switching from Windows to OS X. That 13% will grow quicker and quicker in the coming years. I would love to see what that 13% would look like when you factor in iOS being used by businesses. Many of my customers are replacing their outside force's Windows laptops with iPads.

----------

LOL, Mac uses don't use them much anymore. Keep in mind, Macs are a SMALL share of the computer marketplace. SMALL!!!

Software is pretty much all digital download now and so is music. People largely either stream or pirate their movies, so I'm not sure what these people you claim are using them are actually using them for.

santaliqueur

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Wrong again. In Q4 2014 the iPhone was 56.21% of revenue, followed by Mac at 15.73%, iPad at 12.62%, and Services at 10.94%.

iPad + Mac in Q4 2014 was 28.35%, and I estimated 30%. I was WAY OFF. Or, you're inflating things.

Again, just like I said before, we all know the iPhone is the major contributor to Apple's financial success. I am referring to you calling the non-iPhone hardware a "tiny percentage". After adding in Apple TV and other assorted hardware, you're pushing 1/3 of all revenue. Not a tiny percentage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.