Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

s1m

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2008
I just realised I do use a headphone jack... to connect a BT transmitter to my TV so I can connect my BT headphones.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Floppy disk was used by everybody. CD-ROM was used by everybody.

Also, I don't know if it escaped your notice - it's been mentioned one or two times - there. is. an. adapter. in. the. box.

Oh... That adaptor. Adaptor is stupid idea.

First: they break very easily. Just look the quality for lightning cable. I can imagine the adaptor will looks like when it bent around inside your pocket.

Second: You can easily loss this stupid piece of crap. Adopter makes sense when it not moving around and get throw around all the time. Like VGA to DVI adaptor, it plugs in your monitor and never move.

Third: The adaptor will be plugged and unplugged all the time. How can you guarantee it won't break the Lightning port someday?

Forth: What happens when you kiss or the adaptor breaks? You pay Apple 10 dollars for the piece of crap. You probably need several, one in your office, one in your car, one in your home. There you go, 20 dollar extra spending right there.

Hence, headphone adaptor is stupid idea.
[doublepost=1473309371][/doublepost]
Popular? common? widespread?
Essential means "a thing that is absolutely necessary"
Which a headphone jack may be for many people,
but certainly is not for many other people.

So, i can say anything is not essential.

I seen some people never shower. So shower equipment is not essential. I seen some people never drive, so car is not essential. Some people hate democracy, so democracy. There are countries does not respect human rights, so human rights is not essential. Some people not going to school, so school is not essential to our society. You can use boat to cross river, so bridge is not essential. There are people refuse take medication, so medication and hospital is not essential.

Right?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016

First: they break very easily. Just look the quality for lightning cable. I can imagine the adaptor will looks like when it bent around inside your pocket.

Second: You can easily loss this stupid piece of crap. Adopter makes sense when it not moving around and get throw around all the time. Like VGA to DVI adaptor, it plugs in your monitor and never move.

Third: The adaptor will be plugged and unplugged all the time. How can you guarantee it won't break the Lightning port someday?

Forth: What happens when you kiss or the adaptor breaks? You pay Apple 10 dollars for the piece of crap. You probably need several, one in your office, one in your car, one in your home. There you go, 20 dollar extra spending right there.

Maybe a name change to InexplicablyBitterTeddy would suit you better.

What happens when you kiss

Well, when a man and adapter love each other very much...

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Maybe a name change to InexplicablyBitterTeddy would suit you better.

Well, when a man and adapter love each other very much...

I meant for missing.

And i am assuming that you cannot make counter argument why adaptor is good idea.

You do not need remove 3.5mm jack to achieve all the things you wanted to do. Apple is removing just for the sake of removing the jack. Apple thenchoice lightning than open USB-C standard, I say f that ****

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Adjusting the volume using Siri is sort of a turn off for me. Unless the iPhone is an option, I don't feel like tapping the speaker and asking Siri to adjust the volume. At least this is what other forum members have commented on.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
Wait, I'm confused. So we have to start calling "Bluetooth" just "Wireless" now? Or is this actually a different technology? Phil made it sound like wireless was some big challenge nobody has ever tackled... And here I thought it was already solved :confused:

Cassady

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
Sqornshellous

[doublepost=1473309371][/doublepost]

I seen some people never shower. So shower equipment is not essential. I seen some people never drive, so car is not essential. Some people hate democracy, so democracy. There are countries does not respect human rights, so human rights is not essential. Some people not going to school, so school is not essential to our society. You can use boat to cross river, so bridge is not essential. There are people refuse take medication, so medication and hospital is not essential.

Right?

Why do you say the adaptor will be plugged and unplugged all the time?

Reactions: eyeseeyou

s1m

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2008
QUOTE from "LovingTeddy - responses in bold

First: they break very easily. Just look the quality for lightning cable. I can imagine the adaptor will looks like when it bent around inside your pocket. I have never had a lightning cable break under normal usage

Second: You can easily loss this stupid piece of crap. Adopter makes sense when it not moving around and get throw around all the time. Like VGA to DVI adaptor, it plugs in your monitor and never move. Top tip - leave the adapter connected to the headphone cable

Third: The adaptor will be plugged and unplugged all the time. How can you guarantee it won't break the Lightning port someday? Refer above but also isn't it no different to the lightning cable that I plug in and out during the day which has never broken a lightning port?

Forth: What happens when you kiss or the adaptor breaks? You pay Apple 10 dollars for the piece of crap. You probably need several, one in your office, one in your car, one in your home. There you go, 20 dollar extra spending right there. Refer above - one adapter connected to the headphone cable solves your "problem"

So, i can say anything is not essential. Yes you can - nothing is essential so companies don't need to provide things because the majority want them or think they are essential

Right? No - I would describe it as gibberish rather than right
[doublepost=1473311740][/doublepost]
Wait, I'm confused. So we have to start calling "Bluetooth" just "Wireless" now? Or is this actually a different technology? Phil made it sound like wireless was some big challenge nobody has ever tackled... And here I thought it was already solved :confused:

There is some confusion as to whether the connection is Bluetooth or some proprietary wifi type protocol that the W1 chip manages.

Reactions: zmunkz

Samuel Bradshaw

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2014
I like the extended piece that comes down from the main earpiece – it will make picking them up, putting them in your ears, and taking them out a lot easier without having to fumble them around in your fingers.

Reactions: littlecrossrace

qwa

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2015
Does anyone know how quickly they charge when in the case? I probably wear headphones roughly 5-6 hours during various times during the day

I'm also interested in the audio quality of these compared to the EarPods. I hope it's significantly better.

Is there a compatibility list for Macs and iPads available .

It says 5 hours of continuous playback, if you just wear them with music paused then you son't eat away from those 5 hours.

Quality should be similar to Earpods, instead of using iPhone DAC and then the wire going to the speaker you have DAC+wire in AirPod itself, and since these are Bluetooth these should work with anything that has Bluetooth logo on it (theoretically)
[doublepost=1473313670][/doublepost]
I tend to agree, my $150 Shure ear buds stay in my ears for hours regardless of what I'm doing. My EarPods not so much. The only 'consolation' I can find is that i think sometimes it's the friction/drag of the cable on the actual earpieces that causes them to fall out, so with that gone...

Any sealed ones start hurting my ears after an hour or so of listening, while I can wear EarPods all day and it's ok, they fall out usually when I snag on a cable, one thing to try - cut off the wires on EarPods and see if that fixes the problem :)

Cigsm

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
Did you miss the part with the included charging pack that gives 24 hours of battery life?

Bull ****.

First of all: it is crappy design. Look at that two thing sticks out.

Second: If I go to a field trip, 5 hours play back is too short. I still remember people mocking Samsung when they released their Bluetooth headphone.

Cigsm

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
They're actually extremely reasonably priced. Find another pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones that does what these do for that price

I gotta say, these caught my attention more than anything else so far. I'm a little disappointed at the 5 hours of battery life, but the battery case was a great idea.

EDIT: $159!? NOPE :eek:

s1m

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2008
It's a standard Bluetooth so it should work with anything

There is the W1 chip which does something to the connection - I do not think these are compatible with other BT devices.

I like the extended piece that comes down from the main earpiece – it will make picking them up, putting them in your ears, and taking them out a lot easier without having to fumble them around in your fingers.

This is a non-issue with the Dash.

They're actually extremely reasonably priced. Find another pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones that does what these do for that price

Bragi's The Headphone retails (shipping about the same time as the AirPods) for less than the AirPods, dont have the ridiculous sticks but probably wont have as easy a switching between devices process.

OzyOly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2009
Oh in quite offices due to sound leakage. I like the look of Beats X, they seem much better for my use case.

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007
Hey Apple, there is a chip in every other bluetooth headset out there too!

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
The battery case is really good design, but I'm not fond of wireless EarPods. It looks like you cut the cords, like something is missing. And they are pricey.
Apple W1 sounds promising but unfortunately it will be an exclusive of Apple and Beats, and Bears headphones are pricey too.
I wonder if the wireless EarPods have the same quality as the old ones. I use them a lot for making calls but I don't like listening to music with them, and I wouldn't pay such an high price just to make calls wireless.

Tompkinson

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2009
.DE

Right?
As you see: you can say anything you like, but it is not essential that you say anything.
I refer you to the definition i gave you yesterday, or if it wasn't clear enough: any dictionary of your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.