Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hal Itosis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2010
No seperate accounts = fail.

What's that honey? You want to check your mail? Sorry the mail app is only configured for my account... :mad:

I think the only "fail" here is the attempt to turn a personal mobile device (which by design is tied to a single user account on a "base" computer), into a multiple-user multi-purpose PC. Do you and the spousal unit share a single iPhone as well?

And POP instead of IMAP on an iPad? Again, sounds like what you really want/need is a MacBook.

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
imap

doesn't the ipad mail do imap? that is how I have my gmail setup, sync's just fine. Also, isn't IMAP the platform for exchange, which of course works.

saunterer

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2008
doesn't the ipad mail do imap? that is how I have my gmail setup, sync's just fine. Also, isn't IMAP the platform for exchange, which of course works.

Yes. What I'm asking is whether 4.2 brings support for IMAP IDLE, a.k.a. push, to other IMAP accounts than MobileMe. This does not seem to be the case though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.