Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
Hello all,
Not here to complain, but to figure out something. This is not my first phone or my first Apple product, but I started seeing glitches that were previously not there. I was totally happy with the iPhone 5s and IOS 7 when it was at the end of its cycle.

First of, yesterday my phone started vibrating as if somebody was calling me. Tgere was no call notification, but the vibration kept going. When it stopes, I got a notification of a missed call.

Second, I just cannot answer a single Viber call. When my screen is locked and I see somebody calling me, I slide to the left and see this (picture).

Other things like a funky looking front page.
image.png
image.png
image.png

freedomisle

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2015
Isn't the last photo reachability. Double tab your home button (tap not click).

The biggest issue I've had with IOS 9 is a delay with the lock sound.

Daku93

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2010
Second, I just cannot answer a single Viber call. When my screen is locked and I see somebody calling me, I slide to the left and see this (picture).

How about swiping the notification to the right? That's what you have to do for those kinds of notifications. No quick actions will be available, it will just bring you to the app as if your phone was unlocked and you clicked the notification banner.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Hello all,
Not here to complain, but to figure out something. This is not my first phone or my first Apple product, but I started seeing glitches that were previously not there. I was totally happy with the iPhone 5s and IOS 7 when it was at the end of its cycle.

First off, yesterday my phone started vibrating as if somebody was calling me. There was no call notification, but the vibration kept going. When it stope, I got a notification of a missed call.

Other things like a funky looking front page.

1: A hard reset should fix this. Press and hold the home button and lock button until the screen goes blank and the Apple logo appears. After about a minute the phone should load to the lock screen.

2: You are swiping the wrong way. Swiping left(dragging your finger across the notification on the screen to the left) will give you what you see: the option to delete the notification. Swiping right should launch the app and answer the call for you.

Your first two pictures are results of the second point. The third is what freedomisle and keysofanxiety addressed: You should be able to double-tap your home button to return it to normal, as Reachability is on by default. If you do not wish to keep it on, you can go to Settings/General/Accessibility and scroll down to about the middle to see where you can turn off Reachability.

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
Not everything is a user error. Phone wibrates without the notification is not a user error, but it is true, the other is my mistake

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Not everything is a user error. Phone wibrates without the notification is not a user error, but it is true, the other is my mistake
I always scratch my head at thread titles like yours. Apple makes tens of millions of these things. If you feel this is hardware you can get it swapped. If software, try restoring to see if it fixes it.

Still, this is ONE device. Immediately jumping the the conclusion that Apple has dropped quality is alarmist, at best.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013

I have seen the vibrate missed call thing, but only a couple of times. I assumed it was a network issue and it happens so rarely I don't worry about it. I figure if it's important the caller will leave me a message.

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
But they really did. To that level thay I and many people wait till the end of the cycle of eaxh iOS to upgrade it. Has been the case with iOS 7, 8 and 9.
I have read business analysis on this why this is happening, etc. So it is not just me. All in all, the quality is not the same anymore.
I always scratch my head at thread titles like yours. Apple makes tens of millions of these things. If you feel this is hardware you can get it swapped. If software, try restoring to see if it fixes it.

Still, this is ONE device. Immediately jumping the the conclusion that Apple has dropped quality is alarmist, at best.
Nut

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
But they really did. To that level thay I and many people wait till the end of the cycle of eaxh iOS to upgrade it. Has been the case with iOS 7, 8 and 9.
I have read business analysis on this why this is happening, etc. So it is not just me. All in all, the quality is not the same anymore.

Nut

I disagree about this. I have lots of iOS devices...my iPhone has one bug. I don't know that it is Apple's fault though. It has been around for years and Apple has swapped hardware for me as we thought it might be hardware. It seems to be software but I wonder if it isn't somehow a combination of third party apps that causes it as not that many people still suffer from this issue. My issue is the phone gets stuck in landscape mode a lot even if I haven't put it that way. Mostly it is in iMessage and closing out the app fixes it. But just because there's one bug... Doesn't mean I think apple is just forgetting about quality. It has been happening since I had an iPhone 4...and I don't think Apple gave up on quality then either.

Allin44

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2014
Perhaps you should learn how to use your device before you run online and make ridiculous threads like these?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA

Nut
None of what you just said has anything to do with the original body of your post. But it seems you're convinced, and I am certainly not here to convince you toehrwise.

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
image.png
Ok, not really a user error, I guess? There was an update of Viber and now it works normal again! Compare it to the screenshot that I have posted in the behinning. So I was not wrong afterall.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
View attachment 618146 Ok, not really a user error, I guess? There was an update of Viber and now it works normal again! Compare it to the screenshot that I have posted in the behinning. So I was not wrong afterall.
But those aren't really the options to answer a call (which is what was mentioned in the OP), and are just additional options related to a notification--answering or basically acting on a notification would still be swiping to the right on it (vs. left that reveals additional options).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.