Apple edges Google as top brand

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stubeeef, Jan 30, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

from here

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Its actually no suprise that Al-jazeera's in the top five.It originated with the BBC trying to set up a middle east branch.Because of bean counters the Beeb canned it.Nevertheless most of the staff went with the independant station,so they have a lot of experienced and expert staff.Although treated as a fundalmentalist mouthpiece in the US its very neutral.(Sky subscribers in the UK should be able to recieve it.)

3. Smileyguy macrumors 6502

Yes, I've heard quite a bit about Al-Jeezera. While it is panned in the Western media, it actually has a reputation for balanced coverage and excellent journalism.

4. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

I highly recommend the documentary "Control Room". While it is a "war documentary", it is mostly from the perspective of Al-Jazeera reporters and workers, and gives a lot of insight into their organization and the war.

Back on topic... Definitely not surpirsed about Apple being #1. Too much good stuff this year.

Lee Tom

5. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I just noticed that Pixar made #5 in N. American region. Jobs is doing well no!

Rock on!

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

If Boston is any indication then Apple is really doing a Mass marketing of its iPod. I see the posters just about anywhere. Google just isn't in the mainstream the same way.

7. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

This great news. Maybe this means they will sell more computers.

8. OryHara macrumors regular

they are everywhere down here

9. gallagb macrumors 6502

gallagb