Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
from here
In the survey of almost 2,000 ad executives, brand managers and academics by online magazine Brandchannel, Apple ousted search engine Google from last year's top spot, but the surprise to many will be Al Jazeera's entry into the top five.

Peterkro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2004
Communard de Londres,Tiocfaidh ár lá
Its actually no suprise that Al-jazeera's in the top five.It originated with the BBC trying to set up a middle east branch.Because of bean counters the Beeb canned it.Nevertheless most of the staff went with the independant station,so they have a lot of experienced and expert staff.Although treated as a fundalmentalist mouthpiece in the US its very neutral.(Sky subscribers in the UK should be able to recieve it.)

Smileyguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2004
Yes, I've heard quite a bit about Al-Jeezera. While it is panned in the Western media, it actually has a reputation for balanced coverage and excellent journalism.

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
I highly recommend the documentary "Control Room". While it is a "war documentary", it is mostly from the perspective of Al-Jazeera reporters and workers, and gives a lot of insight into their organization and the war.

Back on topic... Definitely not surpirsed about Apple being #1. Too much good stuff this year.

Lee Tom

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
I just noticed that Pixar made #5 in N. American region. Jobs is doing well no!

Rock on!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
If Boston is any indication then Apple is really doing a Mass marketing of its iPod. I see the posters just about anywhere. Google just isn't in the mainstream the same way.

OryHara

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2004
San Bruno, CA
wdlove said:
If Boston is any indication then Apple is really doing a Mass marketing of its iPod. I see the posters just about anywhere. Google just isn't in the mainstream the same way.

they are everywhere down here

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.