Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
Yes this is also true for Tyson's Corner Apple Store in Virginia. We were around #100
position in line, and they had 6+ available except for 16gb. Probably 250+ 6 plus available. Shortage is hype, nothing like last year's gold 5s.

That's good to hear, hoping to pick a 64GB 6 up tomorrow with my wife.

starlight0229

macrumors member
May 10, 2010
Maybe he's referring to his inline reservation that they pass out. The apple store person goes around and asks what phone you want. After that they give you a ticket or virtual ticket "reservation" for your phone. At least that's what I think he's talking about

I shouldn't comment before coffee.

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005
My local Verizon store had no iPhone 6+ models :mad:

I liked the feel of the iP6 and iP6+ but the features of the 6+ are better so I ordered the latter.

HiItsMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
My local store in jacksonville had at least 500 plus of the 6+ I was 107 and still got a 64gb plus space grey att the cut off for pluses was at number 110 and I'm sure scalpers and their families all got 2 each.

Even if everyone before the cutoff got two 6 pluses each, that's still only 220...

CBSubliminal

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Florida
I was literally thinking the same exact thing. lol - and that's assuming every person in front of them got the plus, which I doubt.

Didnt mean 500. Sorry typo. But yes everyone in front did get a plus. The Manager was giving us updates during the reservation process. I asked him if anybody was asking for the regular 6 he said no. However most people in front were scalpers i would say 70% of them were.

hexum23

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2008
I was fourth in line at the second biggest att store in Chicago. An employee warned that they only had 128gb models of 6 plus available, but didn't say how many. I wanted a 128gb model so I was fine with that. Turns out they only had 3, 2 gold and 1 silver. So I went home empty handed. I'm bummed, but also wasn't suprised considering some of the posts I've read on here the last day or two. I'd still love to get one today, but I'm pretty sure that even Apple stores will be out of stock of 128gb plus models shortly, if not already. I guess I'll have to keep checking the stores and hopefully will be lucky enough to come in after a shipment arrived.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.