Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tony Danger

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2014
Possibly fake, but interesting none the less. French employee of apple apparantly/

https://www.instagram.com/stevlocker/

Capture.PNG

Reactions: smacrumon

8012R3

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2014
Given the lack of differences rumoured to be from the 6S to the 7(?) it's entirely possible.

Someone has to test it!

ElysiumY2K

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2010
London
Hmm interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised though as to what happened with the iPhone 4 back in the days when an Apple employee stuck a random case over it and lost it at bar lol

Maybe this guy is testing it out in the wild but completely forgot he was using a prototype?

Last edited:

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
He's so getting fired. Then again I could see Apple purposely leaking the 7 just to gather more hype for the launch

ElysiumY2K

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2010
London
He's so getting fired. Then again I could see Apple purposely leaking the 7 just to gather more hype for the launch
Depends what his job is.

If his quite high up then Apple probably give him a slap on the risk and pretend it was a marketing stunt.

deuxani

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2010
It's just Photoshopped to fool his followers. All the leaked schematics point to a larger camera positioned more to the side of the phone.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-14-at-08.28.29-800x699.jpg

He just removed the middle antenna band and the silver circle around the camera in Photoshop and that's it.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010

Honestly, I think that most "leaks" are intentional. That's how they maintain the hype and test the waters before they're ready to officially reveal anything. Assuming this is legit, anyone who was trusted with one of these phones, and probably had to sign a s**t-load of papers about confidentiality and whatnot, probably isn't dumb enough to take a selfie with it and post it on Instagram.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Fake. The camera looks smaller than predicted, the iPhone 7 camera will apparently be big enough that it would cover the back antenna band, this camera looks like it wouldn't.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
Hype what exactly? The showcase of zero design innovation?

People see "BREAKING NEWS: iPhone 7 leaked" followed by more leaks and specs and whatnot. You'll get people asking "I wonder what it'll do/how's the camera gonna work/ect" It'll get more discussion going for the 7. Stuff like that is nothing but marketing to help draw up hype for the iPhone. Apple, and other companies for that matter, have pulled this stuff for years. iPhone 7 is already shaping up to be the most controversial smartphone apple has ever produced and it's not even even out yet. And like 80% of the people who are like "I ain't getting the new iPhone" will end up buying one. Like said its all marketing, with a bit of human psychology thrown into it.

Tbh, it would be the coolest thing ever if all the 2017 iPhone specs were really for the 7. Doubt that would happen but it would be hella cool if it did...and it would be the ultimate plot twist in this iPhone saga

Reactions: hovscorpion12

Tony Danger

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2014
I wasn't interested in going to the 7. I've just upgraded to the SE & I'm more than happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.