Apple Event - May 1, 2001

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, Apr 22, 2001.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

Apple Computer on Friday scheduled a press event for May 1 with CEO Steve Jobs, sparking speculation that he will unveil new Macs or announce plans for retail stores.

Thinner iBook, Apple retails stores? Hmm...

2. Retired

jefhatfield

thinner iBooks

the iBook is heavy compared to the titanium g4

let's shave a pound off the iBook but still keep it durable for young students and clumsy people

3. macrumors newbie

No iMacs, tho...

New iMacs can't *possibly* come at this event -- that's gotta be Macworld NY.

As well, I don't think the Apple Stores are close enough to being ready to roll for them to be announced...

I figure DVD Playback on Mac OS X, iBooks, speedbump to towers/cubes, maybe?......

4. macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

Los Angeles Mac Stores Shuddered last week

Last week two stores which most of their business is macintosh closed. Both on Santa Monica Blvd near Beverly Glen, one was Compu America and the other I forgot the name of because they already took down their signs.

But this must be a sign of a new apple store coming to the Los Angeles region.

Although I am sad to see apple friendly stores close, but in reality they stunk. Beyond selling the mac's their service quite bluntly stunk. and their software selection stunk with even higher prices.

so, I welcome a local Apple branded mac store with great selection. why? because sometimes I love mail order and sometimes I want to drive over and try out a program before buying.

I think apple stores are going to be a good thing.

MD

5. macrumors 68020

definitely yes

There will definitely be new iBooks out there soon, because Apple doesn't offer them in its online shop anymore ('temporarily unavailable').

6. Guest

All I want is the ability to burn in OS X.

7. macrumors regular

I'm happy with the results of the May 1st announcements!!

MacBoy

8. macrumors newbie

Re: Los Angeles Mac Stores Shuddered last week

9. macrumors newbie

Re: Re: Los Angeles Mac Stores Shuddered last week