Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
based on the leaks and rumors, here's what its should be:

iPod Touch

OS X Based
iPhone design with black border
Home button
Touch screen

As long as it has full iPod functionality (such as audio/video out through the dock connector) I'll be happy.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
Because if the new iPod is multi-touch with a larger HD, it may be more of what I would need right now.

Who am I kidding, I'd rather an iPhone any day of the week. :)

Yeah, regardless of how great this iPod could be (I doubt it would have WiFi, but it might have touchscreen), the iPhone is still a Phone + iPod + PDA + email + internet in your pocket. Even if the iPod was all the above, minus the phone, you'd still carry a wifiPod and a cell phone in your pocket.

With the iPhone, everything's in one convenient unit, available with one sync, etc.

zenntench_oni

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2005
hmmm
(use cash or credit . .cash or credit. . . . .) lol

do they think that they would release it on the same day?

if not im just gonna use cash instead of my credit. .

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
based on the leaks and rumors, here's what its should be:
iPod Touch

OS X Based
iPhone design with black border
Home button
Touch screen

arn

If that's true I'm buying a 5.5G refurb. Touch screen is crap.

Don Bagles

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2007
Yeah, regardless of how great this iPod could be (I doubt it would have WiFi, but it might have touchscreen), the iPhone is still a Phone + iPod + PDA + email + internet in your pocket. Even if the iPod was all the above, minus the phone, you'd still carry a wifiPod and a cell phone in your pocket.

With the iPhone, everything's in one convenient unit, available with one sync, etc.

Apple is gonna surprise us with the iPod. You're right that right now the iPhone is EVERYTHING in one, so Apple is gonna have to turn the iPod more in the direction of a mini-computer, to make sure that people don't turn away from it and buy the iPhone simply because the iPhone has more features.

The new iPod WILL have Wi-Fi.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
If that's true I'm buying a 5.5G refurb. Touch screen is crap.

im guessing you have not used a iphone. anyhow yeah i woulndt be surprise for that to also think we would get a update to itunes 7.5 or itunes 8? also hoping more studios for the movie section

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
haha awesome, and to think that last night i almost ordered an ipod online, I'm so glad i couldn't find my credit card...

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
Maybe the Apple TV will also see and update. Maybe with 1080P capability with iTunes store content to match. An Updated Airport Express with 802.11n would also be very nice.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
im guessing you have not used a iphone. anyhow yeah i woulndt be surprise for that to also think we would get a update to itunes 7.5 or itunes 8? also hoping more studios for the movie section

I'm guessing you're wrong.. but anyways. I don't want to have to take the damn thing out of my pocket and look at it to make simple changes like skip a track, adjust the volume, pause, etc.

Oh, and don't say they can put a little control on the headphones. I don't use the iPod headphones because they're complete trash.

dieselmac

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2007
Boston, MA
We shall see what the future holds for our dear souls. One cannot get his hopes up for fear or let down, however the thrill of looking up is indeed a mighty one. Lets see what Cupertino has for the rest of us...no I am not a professor, just trying to spice up the forums. Git-R-Done
:apple:

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
Apple is gonna surprise us with the iPod. You're right that right now the iPhone is EVERYTHING in one, so Apple is gonna have to turn the iPod more in the direction of a mini-computer, to make sure that people don't turn away from it and buy the iPhone simply because the iPhone has more features.

The new iPod WILL have Wi-Fi.

yes, in the states it is, but tahts it..

macjonny1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
WOOHOO! new iPods!!

what im interested in is how this will affect the mac promotion. we just bought a macbook with a silver nano, can I return it to get credit for the new iPod?

No,

The promo is for the current ipods. That's why the promo is going on now and will end when the new ipods come.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
Yes this is excellent news, i cannot wait to get my hands on a new iPod (hopefully touch screen based)... Today has been just horrible, at least it has gotten better now

meinertzhagen

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2005
The Chateau D'If
Guess who is going to be first in line for his shiny new OSX based full screen coverflowable ipod?

me.

Guess who is going to be crying about their recent zune purchase?

everyone. sorry zune suckers.

"wow?....your zune really comes in brown?!"

hatcher146

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2007
north carolina
this is so exciting!!! :D:D i've waited sooo long for this update!! i cant wait!!!!
this week is gonna go by slowww....

also...this has probably been asked 1,000 times but how long before they are shipped to bestbuy,circuit city, etc? thanks!

AHHHHH EXCITED!!!!

Retired
May 16, 2006
I hope it will be 160GB and have the ability to use part of it for Time Machine (they must know most people have a much smaller library than 60GB yet want the video capabilities) :)

redfirebird08

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2007
Hopefully it at least has a larger screen and Cover Flow. Those are the two things that will get me to buy a new iPod. I have a 4G iPod Photo and the album art is pretty small on it, but the 5G and 5.5G don't provide much of an update in that category either so I refuse to update to a STILL small screen iPod. Hopefully this new one is what we've all been waiting for. One of my friends has a Zune and I'd say it's nicer than the current iPods.

kbrain2929

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2007
The Ville', KY
:eek: About time!! I knew it was coming... but I didn't know when! But I'm in a bit of a sticky situations... to buy an iPhone for my wife, or buy my self a new iPod... :rolleyes: ;) I'm hoping they will come at the same price. But if they ARE touch control... I see the possibilty for a price hike. I'm in business and I know that this new iPod will cost more to produce. PERIOD! Anyway... that's only my two cents. :p :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.