Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
My theory:
In the futrue, their will be the iEar, a small earring type device where Siri speaks softly into your ear with any information you need from your iPhone, iWatch, iRing or iGlass. But wait! One more thing. The iProbe, the first insertable wearable device. Users will have various options to have this probe surgically implanted in their heads, etc so that the information from the aforementioned iDevices transmits the the knowledge directly to their brains. :D:D:D

Disclaimer: This is intended to be a humorous, lighthearted post. And if any of these ideas come to fruition in the future, remember, you heard it hear first. :D:D

No no no, iProbe is inserted somewhere else. I think it's going to be hugely popular and apple will get this one right from the start. Are you excited?

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
No no no, iProbe is inserted somewhere else. I think it's going to be hugely popular and apple will get this one right from the start. Are you excited?

Of course that is what I had in mind with the iProbe, but I figured I'd let someone else bring it up first. :D

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
99% of people didn't use tablets before apple.

By using watch to see information is not necessary faster than your phone and frankly, I do not see the value behind smart watch..

You can do more on your tablet, but you can do lot less on your smart watch. Maybe fitness people want it, that what I can only think of. Oh, maybe perverted people want use smart watch to snap photos of girls...

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
They can't trademark everything. Are they eventually just going to move to a patent trolling revenue stream?

a0me

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
I haven't worn a watch in years... This product would really have to blow me away for me to even consider it. This coming from a pretty devout Apple fan...
As someone who has always worn a watch, I can't think of a watch that could replace all my other watches and would fit all occasions / outfits, and still look nice.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
noooooo. !!!!

This sends a strong message, and one i always knew till it became a reality....

Apple is no longer a computer company....

They also send a strong message that only fashionable people buy Apple :p

which is, in my view, just not true... They mention the word "jewelry" as a Trademark......... A computer company...

For heavens sake..

They can't trademark everything.

Maybe not, but they will, and are, trying.

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Wow, you are really showing your age, as am I by recognizing the description.

You are referring to a pilot TV movie:

Probe (1972)

But, by the time the series was aired, it was renamed to:

Search (1972)

It only lasted for 1 season.

Both the pilot and the series are available on DVD from Amazon.

Wow! Thanks for the Awesome research.

Sure your name isn't Wolfram Alpha?

Still if :apple: is getting into Jewellery, is it a response to Google Glass?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.