Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steindlmedia

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
I've ordered at 9am (CET) via the Apple Online Store Germany.
I live in Austria and I wanted the watch to be sent to a shipping company.
So the watch would come to me this way:

Apple -> Shipping company (Germany) -> me (Austria)

The last time I've done this was with the iPhone 6 and it worked without any problem. This time Apple has sent me an email that the shipping to such a company is not possible and cancelled my order.

I'm completely frustrated. Can I do anything to resolve it?
The new shipping times are already forecasted for June ...

This is the mail I've received:

Dear Madam / Sir Alexander XXX,

Thank you for your order from the Apple Online Store.

Unfortunately, we do NOT ship to forwarder addresses in Germany. We have canceled your order, therefore.

An Apple-authorized dealer in your area, visit the following website: http://www.apple.com/at/buy/.

If you want to place a new order, call 0800 201 037 in order to speak to an Apple employee, or visit the following website: http://www.apple.com/at.

Thank you for choosing to Apple.

Apple Store

Best regards,
Alexander

steindlmedia

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
I've talked to a special advisor and he said to me that every business order is automatically cancelled.

Is this true because I've wanted to purchase it via my company?

archstan

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2013
The same thing happened to me and others in Ireland ordering from the UK. There's a popular freight forwarder in Belfast which many people have used in the past to send iPhones to the Republic of Ireland but today they've cancelled all the orders.

Branoic

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2015
I and lots of others in Ireland have just had the same thing. For many years we have used a particular freight company with a delivery address in Belfast, Northern Ireland (which is UK) in order to get the Apple orders shipped down south to the Republic of Ireland. This worked fine including for the iPhone 6.

The freight company even sent out a marketing email earlier today encouraging you to place your Watch order in the UK and get it delivered to Ireland. But then a short time later all our orders were cancelled by Apple and we got the same email as the OP.

Very annoying.

Edit - Ninja'd by archstan!

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Sounds like they were already familiar with the existing/popular forwarders and decided they didn't like that market vector.

Sympathies to those in the thread.

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
Yea, I also would have cancelled your order. It may be legitimate but sounds like the source of a lot of fraud.

whi5tler

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
Work

I work for DHL and am getting it delivered to the office, hopt they don't do this for mine :eek:

Diginari

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2015
Feel free to post the watch to my UK address and I will forward it on..

I promise ;)

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
It may have worked fine for you last time, but it seems it caused problems we aren't aware of. They may not want resellers, buying them from wherever, en mass, through shipment forwarders - getting around the system, so they just make a blanket policy.

----------

Yea, I also would have cancelled your order. It may be legitimate but sounds like the source of a lot of fraud.

Yeah, they want credit cards billed to the same address shipped, or thieves can order boat loads, using forwarders, and using stolen credit card numbers saved for just this occasion.

Eson

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2007
I've ordered at 9am (CET) via the Apple Online Store Germany.
I live in Austria and I wanted the watch to be sent to a shipping company.
So the watch would come to me this way:

Apple -> Shipping company (Germany) -> me (Austria)

The last time I've done this was with the iPhone 6 and it worked without any problem. This time Apple has sent me an email that the shipping to such a company is not possible and cancelled my order.

I'm completely frustrated. Can I do anything to resolve it?
The new shipping times are already forecasted for June ...

This is the mail I've received:

Best regards,
Alexander

Which forwarder did you use? I used mailboxde, haven't been cancelled yet at least.

DJTJ

macrumors regular
May 3, 2005
stupid question maybe, but why wouldn't you just order it from you "local" apple online store?

ivandr

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
stupid question maybe, but why wouldn't you just order it from you "local" apple online store?

Because ordering it through the apple store online is only a possibility in the regional apple stores for the 9 first wave launch countries (Germany and UK are first launch and Austria/Ireland are not)

rolexwatch

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2015
25 minutes after I've placed the order

Alright..then I was safe anyway I guess. I had an adress where they can drop the shipment in a store and you can collect it. Anyway I won't risk it and will have it shipped to another store and ask if they'd mind. I'm sorry for you guys! Here's a hint: check the page on the 25th at 8:00am..reserve and pickup will start and if you're lucky, you can pick it up the same day.

flori13

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
So ein dreck

The exact same thing happend to me, but the email took 10 hours to arrive. I even was on the 4/24-5/8 train. This sucks so much, I was extremely hyped and happy that I was getting it on the first wave, now I have to until November, yes :cool:

I will call them on Monday and beg, cry, lie, (whatever it takes) to let me change the adress to my cousin's in Germany. (But cancelled is cancelled, I think there is no chance whatsoever) Scheiße!

rolexwatch

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2015
The exact same thing happend to me, but the email took 10 hours to arrive. I even was on the 4/24-5/8 train. This sucks so much, I was extremely hyped and happy that I was getting it on the first wave, now I have to until November, yes :cool:

I will call them on Monday and beg, cry, lie, (whatever it takes) to let me change the adress to my cousin's in Germany. (But cancelled is cancelled, I think there is no chance whatsoever) Scheiße!

What kind od address did you have?

----------

Is your office in a different country than you live in??

What was the reason the business delivery was cancelled? You can use a credit card from another country to get it delivered to another address..that's legit. I can understand cancelling pickupservices, but they can't have an argument to cancel a business address. Just say you work abroad.

flori13

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2015
What kind od address did you have?

The address was from a company named LogoIX in Freilassing, Germany (near the Austrian border).
I only wanted to use it for myself, so no reselling. This makes it even more frustrating.

I would honestly drive 5hrs to Munich, pick the watch up, have a nice weekend there, and drive 5hrs back. But since there isnt going to be a watch waiting for me there, this is also not possible.

rolexwatch

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2015
The address was from a company named LogoIX in Freilassing, Germany (near the Austrian border).
I only wanted to use it for myself, so no reselling. This makes it even more frustrating.

Ok..so it seems that they cancel only forwarding services for now. I had a pickup service address and didn't get this mail. I also asked the support chat, if that's allowed and they said everything was fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.