Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ninjasareso80s

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2015
It's a cultural thing. Like dejavu and cafe. You don't really need them but they spruce up even the most boring name.

I'll prove it, Conan O'Brian. Nothing right? Now look, Rónán Ó Braonáin, óoh lá la, hot!

Eh... no.

That's how the name is spelt.

It's an Irish name in the Irish language.

Conan O'Brien is an Irish name in the English language, hence no "accents".

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
Since Apple can't invent anything anymore, they dig up this old project that Steve rejected. They'll add a few bells and whistles and call their version of a 100+ year old product "new" and "innovative!"

I guess Steve couldn't find the right type of person to replace him, so he left the company in the hands of a bean-counter who'd make sure the ship went down S-L-O-W-L-Y.
Apple never really invented anything. They just did things differently. Also Steve rejected it to focus on the iPhone. It's not wise to work on multiple new products set the same time. Note that these Car rumors started right after the Apple Watch made its debut.
The ship is not going down, it's floating out of the water.

writingdevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
Apparently, this guy looks like he failed traffic school. I'm worried about the iCar now.
Huh? Failed traffic school?

Eh... no.

That's how the name is spelt.

It's an Irish name in the Irish language.

Conan O'Brien is an Irish name in the English language, hence no "accents".
I think most ppl who post xxxx like that have never traveled outside the city they were born in, and surely never across a big wide body of water called the ocean.

Last edited by a moderator:

cuencap

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2011
Since Apple can't invent anything anymore, they dig up this old project that Steve rejected. They'll add a few bells and whistles and call their version of a 100+ year old product "new" and "innovative!"

I guess Steve couldn't find the right type of person to replace him, so he left the company in the hands of a bean-counter who'd make sure the ship went down S-L-O-W-L-Y.

The telephone was invented in 1876. Apple's "new and innovative" version(s) seem to be doing just fine. Why can't they do the same for cars?

In what metric is Apple going down slowly to you?

cuencap

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2011
I'm surprised Apple doesn't require sensitive employees like this to delete their LinkedIn profiles.

I'm sure the circles that are relevant competitors (Tesla, GM, Ford, etc) already know each and every hire that is made. Us, the general public, knowing isn't going to change anything or give anyone an advantage or disadvantage.

JimmyHook

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2015
The Apple Car will have Apple Watch-level success.

#TimMustGO

#ThatWouldMakeItTheMostSuccessfulCarInHistoryAsTheWatchIsNumberOneInTheMarket

#TimIsGrowingAppleMoreThanSteveEverDid

Apple needs to fix their ******* watch software first and all the other crap software problems they have before they start on something like a car. Seriously. Their hardware division is shoulders above the competition however their software always appears to be a few steps behind.

Not sure I would ever buy an Apple car given their record of finally fixing things in the second or third generation.
The watch is the number one smart watch on the market. The software is rather flawless for me

Last edited by a moderator:

soacyeuopar

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2015
It's becoming more and more difficult for Apple to keep their secrets secret!
WqjPdm

JimmyHook

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2015

Cool story bro. I don't know any company that "invents" anything anymore. Ideas now just blend together. It's all about who has the best combinations

Reactions: imola.zhp

NickD73

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2013
Arizona
I remember listening to or reading an article years ago where Ive, or someone else high up in Apple, was laughing about how Apple customers were saying they should build a car. The idea was that if Apple can take consumer electronics and reinvent them, why not something as technologically outdated as the car.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Digital license plates?

Here a go,, the end of privacy as we know it...... we can never speed again.

It's becoming more and more difficult for Apple to keep their secrets secret!
WqjPdm

It's only getting more and more difficult to keep Apple stuff secret only because people keep leaking them :)

Reactions: SeattleMoose

Mr Fusion

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2007
The Apple Car will have Apple Watch-level success.

#TimMustGO
^^ I'm with this guy. FIRE TIM!!!

First a watch, then a stylus, now possibly a car. Why does it feel like Apple's out of ideas, and now all that's left is to pick away at Jobs' dismissed thoughts from the waning years of his life?

The bean counter can't innovate. He can't present a Keynote that isn't a snoozefest. All he does is keep profits up (at least for now... When these bad ideas begin to pile up, who knows) and that's NOT why I'm an Apple fan. I want great products, not three laptops each with their own built-in achilles heel and desktops held together with tape and glue like a Kindergarteners after-lunch project. I want products that are useful, not iPads that are crippled by a weak mobile operating system and watches that can barely do anything my phone can't do better.

... But I do admit I anxiously await the first time this car goes off a cliff using Apple Maps as a guide. Poetic justice.

:cool:

RobertMartens

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
^^ I'm with this guy. FIRE TIM!!!

First a watch, then a stylus, now possibly a car. Why does it feel like Apple's out of ideas, and now all that's left is to pick away at Jobs' dismissed thoughts from the waning years of his life?

The bean counter can't innovate. He can't present a Keynote that isn't a snoozefest. All he does is keep profits up (at least for now... When these bad ideas begin to pile up, who knows) and that's NOT why I'm an Apple fan. I want great products, not three laptops each with their own built-in achilles heel and desktops held together with tape and glue like a Kindergarteners after-lunch project. I want products that are useful, not iPads that are crippled by a weak mobile operating system and watches that can barely do anything my phone can't do better.

... But I do admit I anxiously await the first time this car goes off a cliff using Apple Maps as a guide. Poetic justice.

:cool:

I get it. You are just having us on.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Secret agent lol. Though its LinkedIn so he can put whatever he wants .

RobertMartens

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
I remember listening to or reading an article years ago where Ive, or someone else high up in Apple, was laughing about how Apple customers were saying they should build a car. The idea was that if Apple can take consumer electronics and reinvent them, why not something as technologically outdated as the car.

Find this article, I want to listen to it too, (or at least read it)

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
Odd how many people here want to fire Tim. Tim has better job security than just about any CEO in the world. It seems like all the reasons people give have to do with bizarre misunderstandings around thing they think Jobs said.

Just a few specifics:
  • The watch is far more successful than most people imagined it would be and all of the critics here would have called anyone crazy that suggested it would sell as many as it has.
  • Jobs was against a stylus as a required input device for a tablet. He was not against a stylus as an accessory for completing specific tasks.
  • I am sure you all had more even crazier reasons, but I just stopped caring.

Markjkc

macrumors member
Dec 11, 2013
Ireland
It's a cultural thing. Like dejavu and cafe. You don't really need them but they spruce up even the most boring name.

I'll prove it, Conan O'Brian. Nothing right? Now look, Rónán Ó Braonáin, óoh lá la, hot!

You do really need them. It's an Irish name and with out them you couldn't pronounce his name right.. The fadas (accents) change the letters sound

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.