Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is currently holding a sale on movie bundles in the U.S. iTunes Store, offering heavy discounts on collections of both SD and HD versions of films. The bundles include film collections of popular franchises such as the Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Spider Man.

itunes_movie_bundles2-800x502.jpg
Last week, Apple launched movie support for iTunes in the Cloud in eight new countries, including Japan and Italy. The service was first launched for music in June 2011 in the United States, with movie and TV show support in March 2012.

Update: Pricing and availability on some of the bundles is changing rapidly, suggesting that some of the pricing deals may have been in error. The complete set of Harry Potter films was initially priced a $9.99, but is now carrying a $59.99 price tag. Similarly, the Lord of the Rings was originally also priced at $9.99 before briefly being removed from the promotion page and then returned with a $17.99 price tag.

Article Link: Apple Holds Sale on Movie Collections in U.S. iTunes Store [Updated]

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I saw this earlier and thought these prices were so low that it might have been an error. Too bad I own a few of these on iTunes already though. Great for people building up their digital collection.

But I mean, Jesus. The entire Harry Potter collection in HD for $9.99? Wow. :eek:

Great deals Apple. Hope to see more like this in the future :D

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
Some of the pricing is just weird to me. The complete Harry Potter collection in HD for $10 is an easy choice for me. But $25 for all the x-men movies? $50 for Star Trek 1-10? $40 for Die Hard? Just weird.

Though the Godfather collection for $20 is tempting.

EDIT: See now pricing was a mistake. Glad I got in on that $10 HP deal!

Last edited:

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
goddamn. the lotr, hp, and matrix are killer deals. too bad it's itunes. maybe amazon will counter this...

Zedcars

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
Brighton, UK
When I go there I only see a pathetic Jurassic Park movie bundle for £13.99 (SD) which I can buy from Amazon for £8. :confused:

Not exactly a very compelling offer.

I never buy movies from iTunes - more expensive than a DVD and less flexible! Ridiculous.

chopdog

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2007
The UK is handled poorly...

Key films like Fifth Element, Goblet of Fire and others missing in HD. Indiana Jones missing entirely. Oh - I'm tired of writing about UK film studios mishandling of UK titles. GRRRRRR

Madmic23

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2004
Just checked the Canadian store on my iPad and the prices are still the same. LOTR is still $45 for either the extended editions or regular.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Well, I'm sorry some of you are in countries that have been left out, but for me the 10 dollars for all 8 Harry Potter movies in an insanely obvious choice.

Doesn't even matter that I own 3 on disk already.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
I was going to buy the harry potter collection when it was $60 but at $10 this is a steal.

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
In for the Harry Potter, Back to the Future and The Godfather Collections!!:D

Gaidin43

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Is there a way to transfer iTunes video files so they play over windows media player on my HTPC?

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
I'm not sure if there are Bundles on sale anywhere else than US, but should we have a poll about when do we think MR should tell if news are only about US?
When less than 80% pagehits comes from US?
50%

hexor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2002
Minnesota
When I go there I only see a pathetic Jurassic Park movie bundle for £13.99 (SD) which I can buy from Amazon for £8. :confused:

Not exactly a very compelling offer.

I never buy movies from iTunes - more expensive than a DVD and less flexible! Ridiculous.

Considering the number of DVDs I have lost due to scratches (mostly by DVD drives) I now tend to avoid DVD. How is iTunes movies less flexible? I would have said just the opposite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.