Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
No. If you don't like what you are getting, buy from someone else. If Apple or any other company thinks one of their managers is bad for business, then they will take the appropriate action. The idea that customers have some need to know who is responsible is absurd.

i knew this type of bs answer would come.

first of all we can be talking about purchases made in the past so "buying from somone else in the future" is irrelevant.

if apple didnt want people to expect the best then they shouldnt plaster "the most advanced" infront of every product they release.

if apple didnt want me and other to have expectations in line with their marketing claims then nobody was forcing them to take my money.

there is also nobody forcing them (or others) to be in this business.

considering how you claim to write for a living your reading isnt up to par. this is the third time in this thread where i have expressed my view that i dont support naming one individual. personally i think the biggest problem at the company is their longterm and complacent executives.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
i knew this type of bs answer would come.

first of all we can be talking about purchases made in the past so "buying from somone else in the future" is irrelevant.

if apple didnt want people to expect the best then they shouldnt plaster "the most advanced" infront of every product they release.

if apple didnt want me and other to have expectations in line with their marketing claims then nobody was forcing them to take my money.

there is also nobody forcing them (or others) to be in this business.

considering how you claim to write for a living your reading isnt up to par. this is the third time in this thread where i have expressed my view that i dont support naming one individual. personally i think the biggest problem at the company is their longterm and complacent executives.

So your shifty argument is that any problem of any kind with any product, whether it is fixed immediately or not, requires... what, exactly? If not public shaming of an individual at the company, then what, exactly?

My reading is up to par. Consider that your writing might be the reason why I am having such a difficult time figuring out what you are trying to say.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
So your shifty argument is that any problem of any kind with any product, whether it is fixed immediately or not, requires... what, exactly? If not public shaming of an individual at the company, then what, exactly?

My reading is up to par. Consider that your writing might be the reason why I am having such a difficult time figuring out what you are trying to say.

my argument is anything but shifty.

the company (apple in this case) deserves the shaming. the executives should take the public fallout.

dont give me that bs. ive explicitly said numerous times i dont see the point in outing this one man. there is nothing i have said that could lead you to believe i support that particular action.

i however do support revealing the truths behind what is obviously a very faulty process at apple. that can easily be done without naming him.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
my argument is anything but shifty.

the company (apple in this case) deserves the shaming. the executives should take the public fallout.

dont give me that bs. ive explicitly said numerous times i dont see the point in outing this one man. there is nothing i have said that could lead you to believe i support that particular action.

i however do support revealing the truths behind what is obviously a very faulty process at apple. that can easily be done without naming him.

I asked what you thought needed to be done instead. What this is remains unclear to me. If you think some other sort of "public shaming" process for Apple is more effective than the bad publicity they received then I still don't what that should be, let alone the logic behind it.

The other part of your argument I don't get is why you think one mistake reveals some sort of fundamental problem at Apple. It was mistake, but it was immediately acknowledged, and fixed within a day.

If you care to continue discussing this, please refrain from calling all my answers BS. Because that's just... BS.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
I asked what you thought needed to be done instead. What this is remains unclear to me. If you think some other sort of "public shaming" process for Apple is more effective than the bad publicity they received then I still don't what that should be, let alone the logic behind it.

The other part of your argument I don't get is why you think one mistake reveals some sort of fundamental problem at Apple. It was mistake, but it was immediately acknowledged, and fixed within a day.

If you care to continue discussing this, please refrain from calling all my answers BS. Because that's just... BS.

i am not in investigative journalist and am not privy to everything apple related so its not for me to thinking of what has to be done. i however am a consumer that pays a premium price for the most advanced whatever

i think taking one individual aside and having him bear the brunt of the criticism is immensely unfair.

one mistake? it just so happens that there are two separate incidents mentioned in the title of this thread. i also just happened to mention bluetooth issues which seem to be affecting quite a few people. then there is the man that claims he contacted apple over the icloud weakness. sorry but you cannot pretend we are talking about 1 issue here.

im sorry if i offend you but i have not called all your answers bs. i have said that when you put words in my mouth.

Dmartin500

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2014
Since updating to 8.0 I can't access internet on my I/ pad air. My VPN keeps circling and never connects. What do I do to fix this. I'm not a computer whiz and have no idea what to do please help!'

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
Discussion over.

my statement is still true with the exception of the the error i made in omitting my response to the typical and always out of place "nobody forced you" type response.

but i find it alarming that your are more offended by the abbreviation bs (which i apologised for btw) than fabricating other peoples posts and opinions.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Please note sections 7 (Disclaimer of Warranties) and 8 (Limitation of Liability) of the software license agreement (SLA) for iOS 8.0 (EA1175, 2014-07-29). That license and others are at http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/
Just because something is in a license agreement doesn't necessarily actually make it legal or enforceable if actually challenged or reviewed. The legal system is fairly fluid in many instances, especially when it comes to things of this nature.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
Please note sections 7 (Disclaimer of Warranties) and 8 (Limitation of Liability) of the software license agreement (SLA) for iOS 8.0 (EA1175, 2014-07-29). That license and others are at http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/

seriously you post this link and what miss the first section?

7. Disclaimer of Warranties.
7.1 If you are a customer who is a consumer (someone who uses the iOS Software outside of your
trade, business or profession), you may have legal rights in your country of residence which would
prohibit the following limitations from applying to you, and where prohibited they will not apply to you. To
find out more about rights, you should contact a local consumer advice organization.

these sla and tos are overreaching and sadly consumer laws have fallen way behind and failed the public.

however if apple has so little faith in their products and their service as is evidenced in your link then their promotional material should match it (some would argue price as well).

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
… when you put words in my mouth.

… and around two hours later you appeared to present your own imaginings as my own thoughts.

In a topic that's essentially about the potential for an individual to be misrepresented and/or mis-judged, I expect less prejudice when I simply link to an Apple document.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
… and around two hours later you appeared to present your own imaginings as my own thoughts.

In a topic that's essentially about the potential for an individual to be misrepresented and/or mis-judged, I expect less prejudice when I simply link to an Apple document.

no i wondered why you would link to that particular document. but before that i also clearly ask if you missed the part i bolded which quite clearly states that what follows it is of questionable legality depending on where one resides.

never did i make up an opinion for you or misrepresent you. i speculated and made a tongue in cheek comment. i cannot wonder if you misunderstood something which you stated you did not miss?

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
my statement is still true with the exception of the the error i made in omitting my response to the typical and always out of place "nobody forced you" type response.

but i find it alarming that your are more offended by the abbreviation bs (which i apologised for btw) than fabricating other peoples posts and opinions.

I'm not offended, I simply won't bother trying to have a discussion with anyone who deliberately wastes my time. And before you protest, this includes saying something and then denying that you said it.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
I'm not offended, I simply won't bother trying to have a discussion with anyone who deliberately wastes my time. And before you protest, this includes saying something and then denying that you said it.

nothing to protest about. on the whole bs-gate you were right and i was wrong. i used it previously but it was an error that i overlooked it. certainly no deliberate denial or wasting of time (although isnt that quite a serious outlook on message board posts;))

but it dosent include that its exclusive to that.

you think the reset settings issue will be added to your list of one mistake?

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
… wonder if you misunderstood something which you stated you did not miss?

I did read both sections. I did understand them.

I do not share your perception that those sections are "just one sided drivel". At least: Apple (an organisation) advises readers to contact another organisation for more advice. I assume that the local consumer advice organisation will advise the consumer appropriately. I also assume that the consumer advice organisation will not take a one-sided approach.

iOS aside for a moment, my personal experience of agreements with Apple is that the company's approach is healthy. There is primarily a focus on the customer.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
I did read both sections. I did understand them.

I do not share your perception that those sections are "just one sided drivel". At least: Apple (an organisation) advises readers to contact another organisation for more advice. I assume that the local consumer advice organisation will advise the consumer appropriately. I also assume that the consumer advice organisation will not take a one-sided approach.

iOS aside for a moment, my personal experience of agreements with Apple is that the company's approach is healthy. There is primarily a focus on the customer.

so if you look at all the incidents lately and read these terms which contain nuggets like this

THE iOS SOFTWARE AND
SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE", WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT
WARRANTY OF ANY KIND

THE iOS SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF
THE iOS SOFTWARE AND SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE

while of course the site elsewhere says things likes

The world’s most advanced mobile operating system has made a huge leap, too

what customer focused approach do you see when all your icloud documents disappear and according to the terms that could be expected and so what? or when they (according to reports) continually ignore security experts on reported flaws in software that you perhaps store your life and business sensitive data and so what?

in fact i have a hard time figuring out what explicitly apple are required to provide according to the terms. for you as a customer you do one thing and that is pay and if you dont the show is over.

you do know that customer advocacy organisations are highly critical of these tos and sla right?

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
… you do know that customer advocacy organisations are highly critical of these tos and sla right?

numlock, I suspect that whatever I write, you'll feed the need to respond in a way that implies some stupidity or lack of forethought by me.

… You do know that, right?​

The following seems apt:

> … trying to have a discussion with anyone who
> deliberately wastes my time …

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
numlock, I suspect that whatever I write, you'll feed the need to respond in a way that implies some stupidity or lack of forethought by me.

… You do know that, right?​

The following seems apt:

> … trying to have a discussion with anyone who
> deliberately wastes my time …

if you want to try and misread things and find some meaning that isnt there then that is your prerogative. there is absolutely nothing insulting in either that whole post or that particular sentence and there certainly wasnt any intent. i was assuming you were aware of their objections.

i could as well have been offended by your posting of the terms on apples site. as if it were to imply i had never read them myself. but why be that sensitive and assume the worst?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.