Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Love Juice

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
So, a fairly obvious hint that this is the new iPad in the picture. And we also notice the only icon that is visible is the Maps icon. Something new with maps? Apple rolling out their own service?
The Maps icon is in the exact same position on a stock iPad (just checked site to be sure) so I doubt it, but you never know.

shiseiryu1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
High-Res Wanted

It will be the year of disappointment if they don't deliver the 2X resolution screen.

+1

Apple needs to better differentiate the iPad from coming iPad competitors. Unless they raise the bar significantly they'll basically be releasing an update which will basically put them on equal footing with upcoming iPad copiers.

SlugmanSlimer

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2009
I'm a little disappointed about the size of that bezel. I was hoping they would get it about half that size.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
Cue the "This is relevant to my interests" LOLcat. My wife has mentioned getting an iPad a couple of times recently; I may mention this development to her. Depending on release date, we may get iPad 2 when it first comes out for taking along on an upcoming vacation. Otherwise, I'd have to lug my MBP along, and I'm not exactly comfortable with leaving that in a hotel room.

james4cet

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2009
Hints..?

I maybe going too far into this...but apart from the obvious (huge number 2, ipad etc.)...

The battery icon is visible, longer battery life perhaps??

As someone said before...maps app is visible, so apple's own map service...a revamp?

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Cue the "This is relevant to my interests" LOLcat.
relevant_to_my_interests1.jpg

derek1984

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2008
One More Year

Wish I could be excited for this but no iPad with better resolution that means I'll have to wait another year...

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009

just because they are having an event on March 2 doesn't mean it will be released ASAP. There could still be a delay

JGowan

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Mineola TX
It seems that Apple wouldn't have an event for just a speed bump and a thinner enclosure. I really think we'll see Retina in this thing. Hoping at least.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Fantastic!
And the huge 2 suggests that it is going to be the iPad 2! :)

I'm pretty sure that the picture of the iPad behind the date page suggests that it is going to be the iPad 2........

;)

"Come see what 2011 will be the year of..."

-perhaps because there will be an iPad 2 and a 3?

It will be the year of disappointment if they don't deliver the 2X resolution screen.

:rolleyes:

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California

Maybe for you but not for 99% of the people that will buy and love iPad 2.

2011 looks like it will be an AMAZING year

Lion
New FCP
iPad 2
SB based hardware
IOS4.4
iPhone 5
The NC Cloud ...
and more....

So much for all the never ending nay sayers and BS supply chain analysts.

Apple continues to set the pace for innovation and an incredibly rich pipeline.

Go Steve & Apple Team!!!!

nelmat

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
So, as every sensible person has been saying...

iPad two announced a year after iPad 1. Guessing availability in the US in April, again, a twelve month upgrade cycle.

And for those people on here who are meant to have a vague grasp of technology, please stop this ridiculous nonsense about 'retina' display. It's not technically possible, unless u want to fry an egg on the screen and have a ninety eight second battery life and also it's not necessary, the iPad display is beautiful. It has the resolution of a seventeen inch display of a couple of years ago, but with roughly twice the pixel density.

Larger harder drive, battery life improved even further, maybe a ram jump. Probably lighter and thinner. If u want more than that, look elsewhere. This device will continue to sell in the tens of millions in spite of the baseless criticism of the users of these forums.

dgree03

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
It seems that Apple wouldn't have an event for just a speed bump and a thinner enclosure. I really think we'll see Retina in this thing. Hoping at least.

They need a res bump of some sort and a OS rework to keep up with innovation of other tablets(notice I didnt say sales of other tabs)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.