Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Use a wifi memory card and avoid using a desktop computer.
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything? You still can't get RAW files into Lightroom Mobile without needing a desktop (which also includes laptops for the purpose of this discussion—anything running a "desktop" OS). Hopefully it gets updated soon to support it.

As a side note, I actually own the EyeFi Pro card and it's a piece of crap. The wireless connection is incredibly slow for moving RAW (I'm talking like hours to dump a card, and they were just 20mp 12-bit files from my little casual RX100 shooter). On top of that, it's difficult to connect to and finicky, as well as really flimsy and prone to breaking. I've never broken an SD card, or any memory card, in my entire life. And I've traveled to a lot of remote locations, sometimes shooting in harsh and moist conditions. This card mainly stayed in a Sony RX100 (again, my casual family shooter) and was hardly ever removed, yet it cracked right down the seam. I had a whole bunch of photos of my toddler daughter and family from a reunion on there and almost lost them all. After tinkering around with it for hours, I finally got it to mount in Mac OS and safely transfer. Haven't used it since. It was like over $100 for only 16GB. One of the worst tech purchases I've ever made, and I typically make pretty solid choices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.