Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
I didn't hear people complain when Apple implemented iMessage and saving $$$ in sms messages fees. :rolleyes:

Can’t speak about other countries but in the UK there were so many contracts around that included more texts than the vast majority of people used that they wouldn’t have noticed.

For a while now I’ve had All You Can Eat data and 5000 texts per month. Speaking for myself Apple didn’t save me diddly.

Last edited:

ksuyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Can’t speak about other countries but in the UK there were so many contracts around that included more texts than the vast majority of people used that they wouldn’t have noticed.

For a while now I’ve had All You Can Eat data and 5000 texts per month. Speaking for myself Apple didn’t save me diddly.

Actually it's the trend everywhere (inc Aussie, we have unlimited text on most contract), which sadly, might be due to the free service such as iMessage. If you don't think iMessage affect the decision to drop the fee from Telco, you'd be naive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.