Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
This is good news. I had high hopes for HTML5. But when Google decided to fork HTML5, I was concerned that Safari might fall behind. Or at the least, we'd be end up with the old browser wars where web pages would looks completely different from browser to browser. I wish they'd just all play nice together. With Apple incorporating support for Mozilla's JS, maybe there's hope...

Playing nice is not in the best interest of all parties involved, so until a standard is set, then this will continue.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
This is good news. I had high hopes for HTML5. But when Google decided to fork HTML5, I was concerned that Safari might fall behind. Or at the least, we'd be end up with the old browser wars where web pages would looks completely different from browser to browser. I wish they'd just all play nice together. With Apple incorporating support for Mozilla's JS, maybe there's hope...

And then there was Famous. My opinion, Famous is the nail in the coffin for Flash and will replace JQuery in short order.

arefbe

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2010
I'm officially referring to it as OS XXX (OSX X.X), and if it looks like iOS7 it WILL be obscene. :)

----------

Everyone...just like all the other "standards".

I like that OSX X.X Thing. But shouldn't it just be OS X.X?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.