Apple MacBook Air Survey : who got it, who did it, who didnt?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by alpinadvl, Jun 25, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Just took a macbook air survey.

Very thorough questions, it seems like they are really trying to get to know the problems of the machine, frustrations, disappointments and best qualities....

did anyone else do this survey ?
    (I was surprised because I never received a survey questionnaire for my imac, my 2 macbook pros, or my desktop mac (g4) )

2. macrumors member

I didn't get one. Sounds like it would've been interesting to take tho.

3. macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

4. macrumors 6502

5. macrumors member

6. macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

7. macrumors regular

8. macrumors 68000

9. macrumors 6502

that's a lot of pictures... it asked 1 question per page and there were around 30? questions

10. macrumors 68000

BWhaler

I wish I had received this survey. I'd love to get a MBA2 to replace my MBA, but I really want the right spec upgrades.

11. macrumors newbie

Got one too. When it asked if you could change one thing on the MBA I indicated that I wanted a 2nd USB port.

12. macrumors member

I got the survey link as well. Same here regarding "one thing I would change on the MBA"...2 USB ports would be great :)

I just recently purchased my MBA. Not sure, but maybe the survey was sent to folks who purchased during a certain time frame.

13. thread starter macrumors regular

PURCHASE : I ordered my MBA 30 mins after the keynote - probably more important was that I ordered it from the Apple Store (maybe the same for others)

WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE : I asked for an additional (exposed) USB port, and also an exposed headphone jack

WHAT IS THE WORST FEATURE : (since I answered a series of questions on battery life already) - I actually said video playback ability was abysmal

- of course there were also questions about the screen, battery life, battery charging up times. In addition, questions about usb use, internet use, wifi use, bluetooth use, 3g modem use, programs used on the computer, frequency of travel, why did you buy the SSD drive?, did it meet expecations? (No.),...etc

14. macrumors member

No survey here...and I love taking surveys, cmon Apple ask my opinions!

15. macrumors regular

16. macrumors 68030

Anyone have a link, etc?
    Did only AppleCare buyers get this?

17. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think its random sampling... IIRC, I got surveyed on maybe one thing I've bought from Apple so far....

18. macrumors 603

richard.mac

everyone say that they want a 10-12" model with a thinner bezel around the screen… plus add another USB port. then it would be perfect!

and for everyone saying "why dont you just get a macbook?"… well its not 3 pounds and less than 1" thin is it? im hoping the new MacBooks will be like this so i can keep the superdrive.

19. macrumors 6502

20. macrumors regular

aussieinrome

Sorry, but less than 1" thin? Hu, it's like saying I'm less than 8' tall and I weigh less then 500lbs! Pointless!!!!

21. macrumors 68040

I got one, and here is what I said:

My biggest feature request is furthering the "Air" montra and providing over the air iPhoto synching between the Air and my iMac.

I really love the machine, but my biggest complaint was the range of the wireless. Fairly disappointed in that respect, even with a Time Capsule Router on N.

I think Apple needs to continue to make advances in the multi-touch gestures and implement more of them into more of their Apps. As far as space and speed go, they will increase when parts are created that fit the Air. Battery life however is also barely sufficient.

Design is perfect!

22. macrumors 6502

duffyanneal

I received the survey invite. There were some very interesting questions. For example they wanted to know how I would rate the keyboard key sound, trackpad button, trackpad size, overall size of the machine, hard drive capacity, etc. As far as the fill in the blank questions my answers are below.

What one thing would you change?

Improve the cooling system on the machine so it doesn't sound like a hairdryer when I go to a flash heavy site. BTW, could you tell the software guys to fix the flash problem! Please add another speaker.

One feature I would like?

Incorporate WWAN and/or WiMax into the machine for a true wireless experience. Did I already mention adding another speaker?

23. macrumors member

I didn't receive it. When did they send it out??

24. macrumors 6502

duffyanneal

6/25

FYI, only Steve's buddies received the survey. :D

25. thread starter macrumors regular

LOL !

I think it will get a fairly good response from macbook air users - who seem to be pretty passionate about the computer. I think it is random sampling.