Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paulr512

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2023
My Apple MacBook Pro 6,2 (15", mid 2010) was updated to MacOS Monterey, 12.6.6 using Open Core Legacy Patcher. Yesterday the OS was updated with OCLP 0.6.7 (latest).
Since installing Monterey 12.6.2, Apple Maps does not display any maps, whether when the app is first opened or after requesting to find a location map. It finds my location displays the location as text in the header. Can anyone advise how to display the area map?
All other Apple apps work OK.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 1.26.06 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 1.26.06 pm.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: piwikiwi

Sherio

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2023
My Apple MacBook Pro 6,2 (15", mid 2010) was updated to MacOS Monterey, 12.6.6 using Open Core Legacy Patcher. Yesterday the OS was updated with OCLP 0.6.7 (latest).
Since installing Monterey 12.6.2, Apple Maps does not display any maps, whether when the app is first opened or after requesting to find a location map. It finds my location displays the location as text in the header. Can anyone advise how to display the area map?
All other Apple apps work OK.
I have the same problem after an opencore update. Did you fix the problem.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
There are a number of apps that require Metal in order to function, Maps being one of them. Unfortunately there's no workaround that I've heard of.

Sherio

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2023
There are a number of apps that require Metal in order to function, Maps being one of them. Unfortunately there's no workaround that I've heard of.
Whats strange is maps worked in the beginning after installing Ventura. After restarting my imac it stopped working.

jimc5423

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2024
Tampa, FL
Maps worked fine on my upgraded 2009 mbp (8GB ram and 256GB SSD) after downgrading to Big Sur from Monterey using the exact same hardware (NVidea Gforce 9400m). Installed Monterey again using OCLP and Maps appears to load ok but the maps themselves don't display in street view or satellite. Other applications (including editing Canon Raw files on Canon proprietary SW) on Monterey running fine with no issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.