Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 16, 2017
Apple has today started rolling out the redesigned maps in Norway, Finland, Sweden, and Austria. Some users will see the new maps and others will still get the old ones during the testing period. As a current resident in one of these countries, I'm pretty interested to see how they turn out. If past trends are anything to go by, the new maps should be available to everyone in March.

m_buerger

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2023
Villach
Right now I'm able to to test the new Apple Maps map on my iPhone. On my two Macs and the iPad Pro (all four devices connected to the same Apple-ID) I still see the old map. Any idea how Apple decides to provide which map to which device=?

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 16, 2017
Unfortunately not. I look forward to trying the new maps but don’t have them on any of my devices nor my wife’s.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Right now I'm able to to test the new Apple Maps map on my iPhone. On my two Macs and the iPad Pro (all four devices connected to the same Apple-ID) I still see the old map. Any idea how Apple decides to provide which map to which device=?

It is pretty random, as I had the same thing happening to me in France during their testing period last year. Had the new maps on my iPhone and old ones on my iPad. Same Apple ID & same iOS/iPadOS. Go figure. 🤷🏻‍♂️

m_buerger

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2023
Villach
A few minutes ago enhanced maps showed up on my iPad Pro as well. Second iPhone, MacBook Pro and Mac mini haven't changed. So as of now I can see the new maps on the most and less used device I own. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.