Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

140147-apple_2010_media_invite_500.jpg

Image from Apple's September 1st media event invitation
Engadget reports that Apple has issued media invitations for a special event to be held on Wednesday, September 1st in San Francisco. The event is scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM Pacific Time.

Apple is expected to introduce updates to its iPod lines, including a FaceTime-enabled iPod touch. The company is also rumored to be introducing a significantly redesigned $99 Apple TV device, possibly renamed "iTV", as well as 99-cent TV show rentals.

Article Link: Apple Media Event Scheduled for September 1st

Twinsbb17

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2006
Woodbury, MN
What about iLife 10/11? A while back there was talk of the new iLife to have a truly unique new feature. Maybe this guitar has something to do with that.

Bring on the new iPod Touch. Who knows, maybe it will have a 3G option :)

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Maybe they will announce GarageBand for iPad.

I mean, it has a mic for recording scratch tracks, could sell loops as in app purchases, and could have a touchscreen midi keyboard.

Sounds cool to me!

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
Hmmm...I smell a Garage Band update. Must be iLife '11, iTunes update, possibly the rumored "iTV", and iPod Touch update.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Looks like a "Music Event" - Touchscreen Nanos?

Want a new AppleTV - mine burned out months ago (used it almost every day and made all my purchases on it to sync back to my PC server).

An old Thinkpad I've been using in its place doesn't quite cut it... :eek:

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
All right! - sooner is better than later for sure. I'd given up on an early show so this was a nice kind of surprise :)

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
If they announce and have the iTV for sale immediately, I'll be in serious luck (in case the UK has problems selling it as an iTV).

If it's released, I'll be buying it :D

anthonyjr

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2007
They probably moved the date so Apple's news rides over the weekend, to block some of the Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android Tablet) news coming on the 3rd.

Mass media is a large free marketplace for super companies, and Apple knows how to use it to their advantage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.