Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inlovewithi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
The difference was that one was a sort-of prototype that was maybe going to be on the market late 2010 or in 2011 and run some version of Windows... maybe. Ballmer handled the HP pad like it had been dipped in dogsh*t before it was handed to him.
The Apple was a finished product group that was presented professionally.

No no no, it was basically the same thing, two unknown products introduced, with HP Slate supposedly to come out in May. And even if what you say is true, do you believe that warrants the same difference in media hype that they both received. Would the HP Slate had gotten the same type of media hype that the iPad did if it was set to be released in February? Like I said, be unbiased.

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
Not really. Be unbiased for a second. HP and countless other companies show off some slates early January, and not a peep anywhere. Apple shows off the iPad late January and the media explosion was just unbelievable. I went to my cousin's house that day, and they had the Spanish channel on, and the promo for the 6 O'clock news was the story about the iPad. Think about it, I mean the HP slate looked identical to the iPad, don't you find it odd that Apple basically got covered as strongly as Michael Jackson's death?

LOL, you realize that product was killed right? (Not to mention anyone with tech savvy could tell it would fail.) You just helped prove my point.

JonboyDC

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
The total percentage of Apple, Google, Twitter, Facebook, and Microsoft added up equals just 41.7. Since the next one up, CitiBank, has just 0.13% of total stories and it decreases from there, does that mean that about 58% of the remaining companies discussed individually make up less than 0.09% of the total? That would mean that for every story about Apple, Google, Twitter, Facebok, and Microsoft, there is one for a company that makes up less than 0.09% of the total. Am I reading this wrong is the math a bit off?
If you look at the list of topics covered the most, you'll see that most of the topics aren't about any particular company. They focus on subjects like people texting while driving or cyber-bullying. So the percentage of articles that are about specific companies should be a lot less than half. (It's also interesting that the only companies other than Apple that were the subject of the top stories were the stories about the Microsoft/Yahoo deal.)

inlovewithi

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
LOL, you realize that product was killed right? (Not to mention anyone with tech savvy could tell it would fail.) You just helped prove my point.

Oh please. It's like I'm arguing with kids who can't understand simple logic. One it wasn't killed, it's still coming out, only that now HP bought palm and will focus on that. But even if it was killed, what does that have to do with what happened in January, and the points I made about what happened in January. No offense, but if you read this and answer back, your respond would be irrelevant to me.

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
Oh please. It's like I'm arguing with kids who can't understand simple logic. One it wasn't killed, it's still coming out, only that now HP bought palm and will focus on that. But even if it was killed, what does that have to do with what happened in January, and the points I made about what happened in January. No offense, but if you read this and answer back, your respond would be irrelevant to me.

Yes logic is clearly irrelevant to you, you make it very obvious.
Too bad for you, but not my problem.

Now that I read your signature I see you are just here to troll. Welcome to the ignore list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.