Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fdolbec123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2018
Québec, Qc, Canada
Hi everyone!

Was wondering, does anyone got problems with the Apple Music app on the last few betas? On my side, I can play like about three songs then the buttons like play, forward, backwards and progress bar become unresponsive. After the third song is done playing, the app is playing nothing at all.

I did of course submit a bug report, but got no help from their side… 😐

Any idea of what I could do to fix this up?

I did tried:

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not deleted tho)
- Updating to the latest public beta
- Disabling animated covers and crossfade

I would like to avoid reinstalling the full OS as much as possible (it's quite a journey with a 32Go iPad 7th gen…)

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
Yes, the Apple Music app on iPadOS 17 is definitely very broken. For me it crashes consistently after a few songs when streaming music from an Apple Music trial sub.

kylebro99

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2020
Facing same issue on iPad 7, app is always unresponsive. I have also tried reinstalling full os resulting in no improvement.

ResolutionNZ

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2022
It is constantly freezing and crashing, if it loads my music at all. I hope someone has reported the problems.

Dented

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2009
Just came here as it’s happening for me too (not on a beta but 17.1.1). Sadly my trusty 10.5 Pro has been really struggling with 17 generally, lots of app crashes and apparent memory issues - really disappointing given that there really aren’t too many big changes or improvements otherwise. I appreciate it’s an older ipad now but it ran 16 like a champ, hard to believe this version couldn’t have been optimised any better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.